Author Topic: WU PWS Advisories  (Read 4078 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
WU PWS Advisories
« on: November 13, 2008, 12:23:27 AM »
When checking my current data yesterday at the Wunderground site I noticed a link at the top that made mention that my data was being received late
and /or different time based errors.  Has anyone else gotten such an advisory or is there something actually wrong with my timing I haven't noticed yet??

I am using Dimension to sync my servers RTC with the closest time server to me (Virginia Tech ) and I also have VWS to sync the station data with the servers RTC. The two times match fine but there are times when I see latency issues ( or worse an outage ) with my DSL connection so maybe thats what is up setting their data.. Just curious so I can fix whatever is happening :)  I wouldn't want to be the station with bad data that hurts everyone else :)

Wayne

www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline Curly

• Forecaster
    • Michiana Weather
Re: WU PWS Advisories
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:27:44 AM »
Did you change your time a few weeks ago?

I had the same notice from WU when the time changed. I think it verifies that there is a one hour time difference.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »
I had that notice as well but I wrote it off to system time error on my end even with a daily time-sync. Somehow my box would pick up some extra time if I left FFox running. I think it stopped after their last small update to FFox as it hasn't happened for awhile.

I figured it was somehow connected to my system clock picking up at least 3 minutes a day if I left FFox open.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline karona

• Razdel Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »
I had a PWS alert for data 'too early/too late' following the change in DST. I checked the PC and Console time were both correct, and the PC time zone was also correct, but the console timezone was set to GMT +3, which changed to GMT +2 after the clocks went back. The console handled the time change properly, but not the timezone change.

Keith
Aercus Instruments WS3083
Weather Display 10.37R

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »
Did you change your time a few weeks ago?

I had the same notice from WU when the time changed. I think it verifies that there is a one hour time difference.

I did change the time but I believe I did so the day after...so that could be what's going on..
I don't remember checking WU since the time change..or at least the current data where the alert could be seen..

Maybe that's all it was and nothing more .... that would be a change for sure :)

Thanks!

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »
I had that notice as well but I wrote it off to system time error on my end even with a daily time-sync. Somehow my box would pick up some extra time if I left FFox running. I think it stopped after their last small update to FFox as it hasn't happened for awhile.

I figured it was somehow connected to my system clock picking up at least 3 minutes a day if I left FFox open.

I have been getting some strange things with FireFox here too. One computer will display my web page in such a small font you need a magnifying glass to read it while all the rest display the site fine! I have un installed and re installed with no luck.. I just gave up and started using IE7 to view my page on that machine :)

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 08:09:50 PM »
I had a PWS alert for data 'too early/too late' following the change in DST. I checked the PC and Console time were both correct, and the PC time zone was also correct, but the console timezone was set to GMT +3, which changed to GMT +2 after the clocks went back. The console handled the time change properly, but not the timezone change.

Keith
I don't think my body has adjusted well to the time change yet either ! seems like by the time I am comfortable with it the dang thing changes again!

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

anything