WGR800
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:28:30 PM by User246813579 »

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WGR800 Not spinning
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
I never have seen a WMR80 anemometer in person so can't help you there but do know you shouldn't spray an oil lubricant on the shaft to free it up (unless you can get it all back off the exposed parts). The remaining oil collects airborne dust/dirt causing more problems.  Just a heads up in case that was on your mind. ;)

and welcome to the forum!

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
Unscrew the top section from the bottom. You will notice in the bottom section with the cups the rotary shaft is the little black item. That's the magnet. It's held in with a steel retainer. With a screw driver try to remove this but be careful not to damage anything. If the steel gets bent in the process it can be bend back for reassembly. Once the retainer is removed the shaft should slide out. Then using a pipe cleaner clean the inside of the shaft hole. If it's stuck with something sticky Use a towel sprayed with WD-40 and clean the stuff of. Then reassemble the shaft magnet and steel retainer and then reassemble the bottom of the sensor to the top section that contains the batteries.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:26:32 PM »
Yes it's the U shaped washer and can be pried off with a screw driver. If you pry it off be careful that the thing doesn't go flying.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
Appears to be a sealed bearing from the picture. I've had some luck getting fluids such as 'Gunk' (engine degreaser) to penetrate sealed bearings and free them up but best if you can replace it with a new one. Died kind of early in it's life didn't it?