Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184422 times)

Offline railrode1

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #575 on: May 31, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »
Only the summary pop-up on wundermap is working, when you click on stations.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »
When clicking on my PWS from WU, the following message results:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #6.beb31bb8.1527800677.46b5cfb

It appears WU is dying a slow death OR they are making major improvements and are about ready to release them!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:14:06 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline joegr

« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2018, 05:20:39 PM »
I too get : Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #6.6bcedcc.1527801381.923771

when trying to view my station.  I get the same when trying to look at my api key page.  I'm also getting continuous failures trying to pull radar images right now.  (Normally, I just get several failures a day.)

Edit:  Looks like www.wunderground.com is down too.  The page comes up, but fails when to try to select anywhere.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:24:14 PM by joegr »

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »
If they are not making major improvements, then stick a fork in it, it's gone... What they are doing is just hanging on till the next thread gives, and that is no way to run a site as large as this has become. They keep taking things away as they grow beyond capacity. There isn't anything left to take but for me to pull my data.

Offline SWX

« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2018, 05:49:49 PM »
My only issue is with the site, for the past week or so I’ve only been able to view data from the present day in the summary section, can’t view the previous day, week, month, etc. as it doesn’t load.

And it’s finally working again after Wunderground came back online, that was weird.
Wunderground / PWS Weather
Ambient Weather WS-2902A
Ambient WeatherBridge
Ecowitt GW1000
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH41
Ecowitt WH51 x 2
Ecowitt WH57
Ecowitt WS68

Offline jas340

• Lone Pine Ranch  Horseshoe Bend, Idaho  USA
« Reply #580 on: May 31, 2018, 05:55:24 PM »
My Current Conditions still have not updated since the 29th. 

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #581 on: May 31, 2018, 06:31:51 PM »
Working again.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline bvstation

• Contributor
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2018, 07:18:02 PM »
Mine has been down for 3 days now - Software says Error posting data to WU. The remote server returned error (400) Bad Request.

I can't fix it.
I've seen nothing official about the issue... why can't they say something?

Offline SWX

« Reply #583 on: June 01, 2018, 08:22:12 AM »
My only issue is with the site, for the past week or so I’ve only been able to view data from the present day in the summary section, can’t view the previous day, week, month, etc. as it doesn’t load.

And it’s finally working again after Wunderground came back online, that was weird.

No longer working again as of this morning.  :roll:

If AmbientWeather or Weathercloud updated as often as Wunderground I wouldn’t care as much, but those 10 minute updates rarely catch the absolute max/min conditions like Wunderground does.
Wunderground / PWS Weather
Ambient Weather WS-2902A
Ambient WeatherBridge
Ecowitt GW1000
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH41
Ecowitt WH51 x 2
Ecowitt WH57
Ecowitt WS68

Offline PooreBoy

• My PWS
« Reply #584 on: June 01, 2018, 12:26:41 PM »
It's working for me now. The site is still slow, but at least it's up and displaying the data from my PWS.

Offline phillyman

HI,

Clearly I'm not the only one having issues in the past week. Mine is a tad different. Station was always able to send the data and it would show up on wundermap and other map places with the correct temp. BUT in the dashboard/ios app it would be stuck on old data. Weirdest of all in the dashboard it would show the correct temp on the left side (map) but completely wrong on the right side. Also weatherclip (mac app) is pulling the wrong stuck data.

If I check the data listed in the table, it is all there with the correct values.

Do we have any idea when they will fix this problem? Is there a bigger overhaul I'm not aware of?

Thanks Philly

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
HI,

Clearly I'm not the only one having issues in the past week. Mine is a tad different. Station was always able to send the data and it would show up on wundermap and other map places with the correct temp. BUT in the dashboard/ios app it would be stuck on old data. Weirdest of all in the dashboard it would show the correct temp on the left side (map) but completely wrong on the right side. Also weatherclip (mac app) is pulling the wrong stuck data.

If I check the data listed in the table, it is all there with the correct values.

Do we have any idea when they will fix this problem? Is there a bigger overhaul I'm not aware of?

Thanks Philly

Don’t feel bad. Your issue I experienced this morning as well—very strange to say the least. It is one of many issues at WU and whether anybody at WU, weather.com or their parent, IBM Corp., care about (which seem to grow daily) is unknown. Folks should read the first post in this thread purportedly from a WU representative. Five months have gone by since that initial post, and if anything, things at WU are worse, not better. Big Blue spent a bunch of money in January 2016 ($2.3 billion per an IBM SEC filing) to buy weather.com including WU, and comments in this thread certainly aren’t going to enhance the value of the amount paid by Big Blue. IBM shareholders should be disappointed since management doesn’t seem to care--spend a bunch of shareholder money on a "jewel" and once acquired, treat the jewel like it was costume jewelry. Hopefully I am wrong and all these issues will be resolved soon. But the 5 month track record would support a different conclusion. How unfortunate as I really like how my and other PWS are shown and reported on WU—when it works like it used to. :evil:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:24:04 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline phillyman

« Reply #587 on: June 01, 2018, 01:41:32 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, it is bizarre. I can see the attraction for big blue in terms of more raw data they can feed watson for more comprehensive weather models for insurance companies etc. BUT they do rely on our data and we do not ask for much in return. As previously discussed I also liked the original storm app. I also like their iPad wunderstation app. The dashboard and maps are helpful and I like to check if my station is still clean enough to correctly record the precip. As you mentioned they clearly do not care much for us. I find it crazy that something that was simple and functioning ceases to work. Just keep stuff working IBM/weather.com etc. that is all we ask.  ](*,) :evil: ](*,)

Offline bvstation

• Contributor
« Reply #588 on: June 01, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »
Still down for me.. I'm still getting the same errors - using Kevins smarthub reader software from AcuRite smarthub.
I'm not sure what else to do but others around my area are broadcasting still..it makes no sense.

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
« Reply #589 on: June 01, 2018, 09:37:31 PM »
Well there seems to be tons of issues, but it depends on what page you are looking at for my data. Old feel and smell WU pages for my PWS are fine, correct current data but the "new" style WU pages say weird stuff like update in 18 years, sometimes --- for temps other times numbers but not correct ones. I think many of you are seeing that as well.

Of the two widgets I used on pages, the new one works but has wrong data, the old original rectangle says just no data. So it is clear WU has an army of coders changing pages with no knowledge of the correct variables, or any concerns other than do the new pages look corporate pretty.

Disappointing that the theme of this thread started off being so hopeful and now just crickets from WU on our issues. If we could organize a boycott day or week and get everyone in the world to stop sending data to them maybe they would wake up and maybe login and respond to our issues but I fear it would just be lip service.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:03:10 PM by BrianLehan »
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #590 on: June 02, 2018, 07:29:26 AM »
Disappointing that the theme of this thread started off being so hopeful and now just crickets from WU on our issues. If we could organize a boycott day or week and get everyone in the world to stop sending data to them maybe they would wake up and maybe login and respond to our issues but I fear it would just be lip service.
And if frogs had wings...

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline livinginpeekskill

• Weather station on wunderground
« Reply #592 on: June 02, 2018, 09:31:25 AM »
i should have checked this site first before spending countless hours troubleshooting my devices. my current conditions have not updated in several days as well and no idea what temp the mapbox is displaying. summary data/table all seem to be okay. sadly, i seem to be penalized for what is not my issue -- those who follow my station are being redirected to one several miles away and that one is not set up properly as i've found. i'm KNYPEEKS2 on wunderground and DW2797 elsewhere (which has no issues).

Offline bvstation

• Contributor
« Reply #593 on: June 02, 2018, 09:38:37 AM »
i should have checked this site first before spending countless hours troubleshooting my devices. my current conditions have not updated in several days as well and no idea what temp the mapbox is displaying. summary data/table all seem to be okay. sadly, i seem to be penalized for what is not my issue -- those who follow my station are being redirected to one several miles away and that one is not set up properly as i've found. i'm KNYPEEKS2 on wunderground and DW2797 elsewhere (which has no issues).

Welcome to the show.. mine is the exact same way. Only nearby station is 1-2miles away and also isn't setup right. I have the WU app on my phone just for the reason that I'm getting my data but nope. Same with friends and family that have it they all know it was from my station and now it redirects to that junk.

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #594 on: June 02, 2018, 12:03:22 PM »
IBM contact.

https://www.ibm.com/thought-leadership/contact/

Maybe if enough of us contact IBM someone will get a response.

Offline gman19

• KD4TJG
« Reply #595 on: June 02, 2018, 12:17:44 PM »
Review the temperature data for KNCKERNE9.  Its choppy and appears corrupted.  Locally it’s fine as well as CWOP and WeatherLink looks fine.  Only anomaly is with WU.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #596 on: June 02, 2018, 01:59:02 PM »
I thought I was getting off easy considering the wunderground problems of this week, but I just found one.

Rain rate is no longer graphing for me on wunderground.  Everything else looks fine, though.

:-(

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #597 on: June 02, 2018, 05:55:35 PM »
Review the temperature data for KNCKERNE9.  Its choppy and appears corrupted.  Locally it’s fine as well as CWOP and WeatherLink looks fine.  Only anomaly is with WU.

I am also seeing something similar. My CWOP and PWS Weather charts look fine, as do my own graphs presented on my website.

Someone has "lost the recipe" over there....

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #598 on: June 02, 2018, 11:19:27 PM »
I think William left the building. locked the door behind him, and is never coming back.....as something dies at WU, well...it's just dead and they let it lay there.  And somebody, somewhere with a PWS connected to WU goes "Well, something else isn't working...". 

Five, ten years from now there will be casual remarks of "Remember when WU....".

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline mistybeagle

« Reply #599 on: June 03, 2018, 04:42:04 PM »
Knock on wood: My current conditions on web and iOS apps were restored a few minutes ago. And non-WU apps are now displaying my correct current conditions in their pulls from WU....  Like others, my current conditions data had been stuck since the afternoon of May 29. . . . And my station (KILNAPER9) has also now been restored as the rightful default for my lat/long. . . . .

anything