Author Topic: Aurora Borealis  (Read 517 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Aurora Borealis
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »
A couple of days ago I posted a video about a "Nasty Convergence Zone".  A few hours later Aurora showed her colors.  Talk about a busy time putting all this stuff together... along with my day job so I can pay for all these toys....  :lol:  So, I thought I would share now that I have a little time.  First, here is an image from that convergence zone that I didn't share in that thread and then a few hours later an image of the Northern Lights.  It was coming at me fast....  :-)  Here is the link to the time lapse of Aurora: 
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
Re: Aurora Borealis
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:49:14 PM »
Very impressive picture, the sun has been throwing stuff in our direction quite a lot in the last few days. I believe more is due in the next 24 hours.
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: Aurora Borealis
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »
Gary,

You got me on this one I have never observed Aurora Borealis or Australis.  Never ever - not even when I lived in Minnesota, not once...
I am done ranting.

Greg, that is an awesome catch very nice of you to take the time to share.  The 22 and 42 seconds mark are great then it just keeps getting better and the star trails are incredible.  Just wow....

Randall

anything