Author Topic: New VP2 in Sydney  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Rexyboy

New VP2 in Sydney
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »
Hi,
I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and show you my (initial) install of my shiny new VP2 6163.  At the moment it is installed on a existing mast that is approximately 5ft above the roof ridge and about 35ft above ground level.  I am not super happy with the location of the ISS and it may be relocated.

A quick question; if I am going to mount the ISS and anemometer on the same mast what is the best arrangement in the southern hemisphere?  I would prefer to have the anemometer due north as I want to play around with the raw data later and would prefer to do less translations.  The ISS is currently facing NNW (i.e. slightly offset) as I was concerned about the effect of the anemometer over the top of the rain gauge.

Very much appreciate your comments.
Thanks.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: New VP2 in Sydney
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:05:14 PM »
If it was me no way I would leave the anemometer over the gauge. I would move it at least 90 degrees and go to page 27 of manual and calibrate the offset.

Or separate the ISS from the anemometer.
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: New VP2 in Sydney
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 09:53:15 PM »
If it was me no way I would leave the anemometer over the gauge. I would move it at least 90 degrees and go to page 27 of manual and calibrate the offset.

Or separate the ISS from the anemometer.
Concur. First choice, separate the two, put the ISS on the ground (within important guidelines), and leave the anny high. Two, leave them together, but if you're going to re-calibrate, might as well go 180 degrees out for best clearance over the bucket.

anything