Author Topic: 2 seperate weather stations 1 with webcam  (Read 1627 times)

Offline proph3t

2 seperate weather stations 1 with webcam
« on: November 12, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »
Hey Guys,

Just officially joined but I have been browsing for a while.  Right now I am looking into getting to separate weather stations.  One for my home and one for a condo up in the mountains near Snoqualmie Pass, WA.

For my home, I would like to be able to measure wind, rain, temperate, and humidity at the very least.  My home is also in Washington so it could be measuring a lot of rain.  Extremely important to me is iPhone/iPad native app compatibility.  I have been looking at Acu-Rite because it looks like they have very good native app compatibility.  As well as a pretty reasonable price.

The second set up is for my condo in the mountains.  Here I am not very concerned about wind or rain (snow actually) because most of the wind will be blocked by the building so it will probably be inaccurate and I am not even sure how you can measure snowfall, but even if I could it would most likely be inaccurate as well.  Therefore I have been looking at the Netatmo Urban Weather Station which hasn't really been discussed very much on this website.  Info can be found here (http://www.netatmo.com/en-US/product).  It can measure the very basics and looks to have IMHO the best looking native app support in terms of elegant design (no idea what the functionality is like).  Finally I would like to set up a webcam of sorts here so I can see the weather is like and hopefully make some elegant time lapses.  Using this software http://sebectec.com/.  So I am looking for recommendations of webcams.  Ideally it would be 1080p with some ability to see at night, hopefully a close tree so it can see snowfall.  It would also need to be able handle the elements, this would be in the cascades so snow, rain, wind, cold, etc.

Thanks for all of your help!

-Jeff

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: 2 seperate weather stations 1 with webcam
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
email sent...