Author Topic: Dont buy the Ambient ip 1400 if you live in a coastal area. Other options?  (Read 592 times)

Offline venturaparadise

We have gone through 3 Ambient ip 1400 weather stations.  Luckily, if you can call it that, the first time the station started reporting incorrect temperature readings it was within warranty.  The other two stations I bought mistakenly thinking that they world be more reliable.  When I speak with Ambient Support, they advise me that the station does not do well because of the corrosive effects of all salt air.  Since the company won't tell you that and let you buy the station, please take our experience into consideration before purchasing this product.
We want to get another personal weather station but do not trust Ambient because of this experience.  I read some good things about the Acurite Pro.  Does anyone know of a station that will be reliable in a coastal environment that is in the upper 200 range and will send data to weather underground?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Way more, but the Rainwise have a good rep in coastal areas.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!