Author Topic: smarthub ending, any other way to get data?  (Read 767 times)

Offline Zug

smarthub ending, any other way to get data?
« on: February 14, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »
Just for an email from AcuWrong saying they are end supprot for the smartHub in August as I'm sure many of you have.  Well I on a fixed income (disabled) and just can't afford to go buy some other gadget to keep doing what I already paid for.

So is there any way to get the data for the smarthub that doesn't need acurite's server?  I recall there something to grab data to feed stuff beside Weather Underground.  But would it work if there's no smarthub server that it's connecting to?  As I see it now I'll just stop using it and their app and wait til I can afford to switch to another brand of weather station completely.  but that's a long way off so I'll just use the wall display unit til then..
Kent

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: smarthub ending, any other way to get data?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 04:43:52 PM »
Just for an email from AcuWrong saying they are end supprot for the smartHub in August as I'm sure many of you have.  Well I on a fixed income (disabled) and just can't afford to go buy some other gadget to keep doing what I already paid for.

So is there any way to get the data for the smarthub that doesn't need acurite's server?  I recall there something to grab data to feed stuff beside Weather Underground.  But would it work if there's no smarthub server that it's connecting to?  As I see it now I'll just stop using it and their app and wait til I can afford to switch to another brand of weather station completely.  but that's a long way off so I'll just use the wall display unit til then..

Not for less than $40.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!