Author Topic: Saratoga Template - NOAA & Monthly Reports different upload times  (Read 779 times)

Offline DrouinWeather

• DrouinWeather
Hi Ken,

I'm hoping you maybe able to help.  I am having an issue between two versions of Weather Display, the stable release version b81 and the beta version currently Beta200.  They are using the same WDisplay.ini file, yet in the Status Page the Beta200 version shows the NOAA & Monthly reports time at 09:00 and the b81 version of WeatherDisplay shows the NOAA & Monthly reports time at 00:11.  The latter is what it is purposed to be.  Nothing is changed, I simply change from one version to the other and I'm getting this incorrect time of 09:00 on the beta200 version.

I have been on Weather Display Support Forum, working with Brian trying to determine what is causing this. I'm wondering what determines this time stamp in the wxstatus.php of these reports?  Would it be simply the date/time of the file?

In both Weather Display versions the reset times are at midnight.  Would you have any ideas what could cause this?  Nothing is changed with any PHP scripts, so it's something different with the Weather Display on an output perhaps.

Thanks in advance

Nigel
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:20:49 AM by DrouinWeather »
Nigel Bryer (VK3GY) Drouin, Victoria, Australia www.drouinweather.com
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (Wireless) - Weather Display
Twitter Drouinweather

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Saratoga Template - NOAA & Monthly Reports different upload times
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:39:11 PM »
The wxstatus.php page uses include-wxstatus.php to do the 'dirty work'.  The time displayed (and hence the age) is from the file modification time (server time) of the current month's daily report  (MonthnameYYYY.htm) and dailynoaareport.htm files.  The last time that WD FTPed the file is the date displayed.

The code used is
Code: [Select]
  if($SITE['WXsoftware'] == 'WD' and
file_exists($SITE['HistoryFilesDir'].'dailynoaareport.htm')) {
do_check($SITE['WXsoftwareLongName']." ".langtransstr("NOAA report"),
  $SITE['HistoryFilesDir'].'dailynoaareport.htm',24*60*60+15*60,'file');
  }

$MYYYYfile = date('FY') . '.htm'; // generates the <Monthname><YYYY>.htm filename used by WD
  if($SITE['WXsoftware'] == 'WD' and file_exists($SITE['HistoryFilesDir'].$MYYYYfile)) {
do_check($SITE['WXsoftwareLongName']." ".langtransstr("Month report"),
  $SITE['HistoryFilesDir'].$MYYYYfile,24*60*60+15*60,'file');
  }

It may be that the WD Beta has a different FTP schedule for the reports...

Hope this helps...

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline DrouinWeather

• DrouinWeather
Re: Saratoga Template - NOAA & Monthly Reports different upload times
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:35:31 PM »

Thanks Ken.  Much apreciated.

- Nigel

Nigel Bryer (VK3GY) Drouin, Victoria, Australia www.drouinweather.com
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (Wireless) - Weather Display
Twitter Drouinweather

anything