Author Topic: CWOP wind vector  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
Re: CWOP wind vector
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 07:05:47 PM »
yes I remember that. an minus sign can make big difference.

John

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
  • Vantage Pro II, tripod mount, 30 feet elevation
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »
console adjust.

Not that this is the real deal.  But since I am not able to get up there on that high, pitched roof, it's nice to have something to shoot for.
When I do find a way up there there is going to be some fine tuning.
My wind vector is high, but I'm up at 30 feet and I doubt the stations I am compared with are.

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
  • Vantage Pro II, tripod mount, 30 feet elevation
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 11:09:01 AM »
After giving all this attention to the CWOP analysis wind vector, I decided to see how all the stations near me were doing in this regard.
Well, none of them looked much better than mine did.  They all, like me, got two thumbs up but no big, green check mark like all the other parameters.  All of them had a noticeable divergence between direction observed and analysed as well as divergence from speed.
The wind vector is obviously the most difficult one to agree on and most affected by your particular siting.
I would still like to fine tune it.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 02:11:58 PM »
Well, none of them looked much better than mine did.  They all, like me, got two thumbs up but no big, green check mark
I'm tellin' ya, you keep it up and you'll be  ](*,) over this crap. BTW, there is no green check mark for wind.

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 03:13:24 PM »
Chasing your tail. My vector here is never on an I know my wind vane correct.  The vector here is taking   from station in an 100 mile circle. In my location nearest  station 25 miles away an  in an different river drainage. wind like water flows in least resistances   so it follows the ridges   here and that screws it up when they take several and average it out.  Go to  your station on Mesowest and check your vectors there. That where if I have doubts on my gear I got there and check.