Author Topic: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced  (Read 40977 times)

Offline shakasha

Re: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2018, 05:05:04 AM »
Just signed up for the 2.0.

I see the wind gusts do not match the 1.0 data. This is what I ran into using the xml feed. I hope I will be able to see true wind gusts in 2.0 especially now that I just paid for a year.

Thankfully WL6.0.3 does download gusts data.

Offline wicked

« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2018, 11:51:01 AM »
Just signed up for the 2.0.

I see the wind gusts do not match the 1.0 data. This is what I ran into using the xml feed. I hope I will be able to see true wind gusts in 2.0 especially now that I just paid for a year.

Thankfully WL6.0.3 does download gusts data.

I will need to compare mine. Does interval matter at all?

Offline shakasha

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2018, 12:15:10 PM »
The more I look at it, I think I am not seeing my station at all. None of the data matches up. When I first signed up I saw "Davis VP2 ISS" and assumed the site was showing me my station. So I got excited and paid for a year and it appears my station has not migrated yet? I don't see it on a map and can't get to it via search. UGH.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »
The more I look at it, I think I am not seeing my station at all. None of the data matches up. When I first signed up I saw "Davis VP2 ISS" and assumed the site was showing me my station. So I got excited and paid for a year and it appears my station has not migrated yet? I don't see it on a map and can't get to it via search. UGH.
The wl.com v1 stations will be migrated later this year.
As explained in one of the first messages in this topic:

Remember this is going to happen in two phases:

Phase I: New registrants to wl.com will see v2, but existing users will continue as is;

Phase II: Existing users will be migrated across to v2 by June 2018, maybe sooner;

Wim
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:20:28 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline shakasha

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »
The wl.com v1 stations will be migrated later this year.
As explained in one of the first messages in this topic:

Quote from: johnd on November 27, 2017, 05:37:03 PM
I went to the WeatherLink home page from another source and had no idea there was a discussion going on here until AFTER I paid for what seemed like a good deal. The data was "close enough" to what we have on Clearwater Beach when I looked at this morning and saw the historical data and just thought it was from our station. I assumed when I signed up for WL2.0 it would give my MY data. It sure didn't say anything during the buying process. It wasn't until I started looking at the wind gusts that I noticed something was wrong. I still thought it was our station, but figured the 2.0 wasn't bringing in the gust speeds correctly.

Note that even though I have 1.0 account, the WL Home Page prompts to sign up for 2.0. Maybe they should have some explanation there...

:?

Offline shakasha

« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
Just spoke with Customer Support regarding my purchase of a year 2.0 when my station has not been migrated. He offered to cancel my 1.0 account and move the station to the 2.0, but all archived data would be lost. It was tempting since the station is only a few months old. But I opted to wait for the migration which will bring in the old data. He expressed they hope for Spring but it could take longer. He also cancelled my Pro account for now so I won't be billed.

Good customer service.

Offline jgentry

• Forecaster
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
John, Do you know if growers can calculate chill hours (using different models including dynamic model) and growing degree hours on WL 2.0 website and mobilize app?
Davis Vantage Pro2 & WeatherFlow Tempest. WU: KXALJEMI2, KALJEMIS7, KFLPANAM363 & KALTHORS2. CWOP/APRS: C6353 & E6358

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »
It seems Davis has added an “embeddable link” to the device setup page on WL2.0.

It looks to be the replacement for the “blue sky” image. It’s simple, but I like it.

You can see it on my site below:

http://shoalsweather.net/fhs/
http://shoalsweather.net/northflorence/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:29:47 PM by drew »
-Drew Richards

Offline wicked

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2018, 11:55:20 PM »
Nice

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2018, 03:17:17 AM »
It seems Davis has added an “embeddable link” to the device setup page on WL2.0.

Yes, has been flagged up in other recent threads here. But if you use it then do keep an eye on the URL. The 2.0 version recently seems to have changed from the base URL to base URL/regular so it will no longer work for anyone who used the previous version until updated to include /regular.

And the fact that /regular is now needed makes me wonder whether there aren't other versions planned (maybe even there now). Certainly a somewhat smaller version (70-80%) of the same thing would be good - the 520px of the current version is really a little too big to include except as a block feature on many web pages.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline casacota

• Observatori de Sant Martí de Canals
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »

Yes, has been flagged up in other recent threads here. But if you use it then do keep an eye on the URL. The 2.0 version recently seems to have changed from the base URL to base URL/regular so it will no longer work for anyone who used the previous version until updated to include /regular.

And the fact that /regular is now needed makes me wonder whether there aren't other versions planned (maybe even there now). Certainly a somewhat smaller version (70-80%) of the same thing would be good - the 520px of the current version is really a little too big to include except as a block feature on many web pages.

There are now some other formats: www.casacota.cat/perl?num=1524315036

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
There are now some other formats: www.casacota.cat/perl?num=1524315036

Yes, for anyone who's not aware: If you look under Device in your wl.com 2.0 station account you'll see that the submenus have been extended and there is now station_embed and station_url options. (Not quite sure why both are there - they seem to mostly overlap in function - maybe there is some further functionality yet to be added?)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »
Yes, for anyone who's not aware: If you look under Device in your wl.com 2.0 station account you'll see there is now ......station_embed and station_url options. (Not quite sure why both are there - they seem to mostly overlap in function - maybe there is some further functionality yet to be added?)

Please describe what those options do.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »
Station Embed
Use the embeddable link below to embed your station data to your website.

Station URL
Share your station URL to let someone see your station without signing up.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2018, 05:45:04 PM »
I appreciate the information.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »
Station URL

Translation, please.  I understood "Station Embed" to mean it's something that I could include in the .html of my website, to show what's showing on WeatherLink.com.  But what's the "Station URL"?  ("your station URL"?)

Or am I totally missing something here?

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »
but I just copied it straight from what is shown on the weatherlink.com web site
send Davis an email

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2018, 08:03:14 PM »
Station URL

Translation, please.  I understood "Station Embed" to mean it's something that I could include in the .html of my website, to show what's showing on WeatherLink.com.  But what's the "Station URL"?  ("your station URL"?)

Or am I totally missing something here?

Well that would be a URL to display what V1.0 currently shows up in a browser?

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2018, 08:12:19 PM »
WL2 what that stuff is , isn't the same information that WL has.  I mean you can see the summary as with this abbreviated item, and the summary showing things such as other sensors, such as soil moisture/temperature which would be a very important item left out.   I am not worried about it right now,  because I have a webpage that the WL2.0 feeds.  But I am not going the route of getting a https://   i.e. ssl certificate and pay a lot of annual money..  Having an url that leads to more information being sent  I would say is preferable.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2018, 08:29:08 PM »
If there is no direct public parallel access to WL V2.0 without everybody having to create their own private login (just to view) then I will be taking a different approach and probably won't even use the IP logger any further. Technology is such today that we really don't have to put up with this dictated Davis approach.   

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2018, 12:13:58 AM »
but
this statement on their web site means you do not have to login or have a weather link account, I would have thought
Station URL

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:48 AM »
this statement on their web site means you do not have to login or have a weather link account, I would have thought

Yes exactly. Until now, there was no simple mechanism to embed a snapshot of live weather readings from 2.0 in your own webpage. The switch to DID-based stations in 2.0 from username-based in 1.0 meant that the mechanism for the blue-sky graphic in 1.0 no longer works in a comparable way in 2.0. But this has now been fixed in 2.0 and, to reiterate, you no longer to log into a wl.com account to see the new live weather graphic, which can be easily embedded in your own web page with the iframe code provided.

For anyone wishing to see examples of the three new graphic options, follow the link provided by casacota upthread. Or alternatively just look at your wl.com 2.0 account under Device and check out the preview buttons under eg station_embed,

It's not obvious at present (to me at least) why there are both station_embed and station_url options. My guess upthread was that further features are due to be added to one or both which will make them more distinct, but details aren't clear yet.

Edit: Actually, just looking at the two submenus a little more, it's clear that the station_url option is just the bare URL for one of the three panel formats and so could be used for a link, whereas the station_embed has exactly the same URL but enclosed in an iframe block and hence directly embeddable in a page.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:16:38 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2018, 10:17:46 AM »
So, these are features that I would pay $47.40 per year, to have available?

[Not an objection - just making sure that I understand]

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2018, 10:23:55 AM »
So, these are features that I would pay $47.40 per year, to have available?

Haven't heard yet I'm afraid. My guess - and only a total guess - is that eg regular and maybe the other two will be on the free tier while future more advanced options will be Pro. Someone on Basic should be able to take a look now and see if they can see the embed menu.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »
I have only the free version, not the WeatherlinkIP nor subscription, and see both Station Embed, and Station URL on my weatherlink.com Device Menu after login
https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/5bde20fad76d4c9b928b41bbbfde8791/wide
https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/5bde20fad76d4c9b928b41bbbfde8791/slim
https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/5bde20fad76d4c9b928b41bbbfde8791/signature

The station embed works on my www.komokaweather.com

Enjoy,
Paul