Author Topic: Lost console AC Adapter - please advise.  (Read 782 times)

Offline rockncola

Lost console AC Adapter - please advise.
« on: January 08, 2019, 06:34:46 AM »
Hi guys.

So, with the addition of WifiLogger to my Vue console, I've decided to run the console off AC power. However, I have misplaced the AC adapter for the console (we've had a lot of renovations recently and everything got chucked anywhere and everywhere). So, my question is where I can find another AC power supply for my Vue console? Is it only safe if I use a replacement from Davis? I ask this because the only replacements I can find come from overseas resellers (I am in Australia) which I don't really want to pay $40 postage for. Is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:41:12 AM by rockncola »

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Re: Lost console AC Adapter - please advise.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 07:22:58 AM »
Hi guys.
So, with the addition of WifiLogger to my Vue console, I've decided to run the console off AC power. However, I have misplaced the AC adapter for the console (we've had a lot of renovations recently and everything got chucked anywhere and everywhere). So, my question is where I can find another AC power supply for my Vue console? Is it only safe if I use a replacement from Davis? I ask this because the only replacements I can find come from overseas resellers (I am in Australia) which I don't really want to pay $40 postage for. Is there any other solution?
Thanks in advance.

You can try to use SLEEP MODE in WFL to prevent batteries. It wasn't tested to the end, but batteries should be good for 1 month.
Cheap solution for AC adapter is USB to /DC 3.5*1.35mm cable angle version.
You need to go to: link and buy cheap USB cable. Then you have to find spare phone charger or buy one on local market.
You can have it original Scaled
Using USB cable you can also build DC UPS YouTube link

If you would like to test WFL SLEEP MODE, please contact me here, or via email wifilogger@qq.com. I will guide you have to use it.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »
Surely your Australian Davis distributor will have the adapter? (part 6625 but obviously needs to have the right pins for your local AC mains supply - the Davis adapters are not universal).

There's nothing magic about the Davis adapter, it's just 5v (@300mA IIRC), but finding a suitable decent-quality substitute with the correct 90° jack (which you need) and of the right barrel size/polarity might be less easy. Simplest option is to go for the Davis part, though not the cheapest I know.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline rockncola

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 07:48:46 AM »
Thank you guys. I have just messaged my local Davis supplier but I don't have much faith as they have been very slow to respond of late. I will also take you guys' other ideas into consideration as well.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:57:53 AM »
FWIW I've purchased adapters for tablets, etc. from DX and Aliexpress for pennies or a buck or two with the wall wart and they work just fine.  Just get the specs correct and test before you plug it in.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 04:39:42 PM »
Have you checked Altronics, Littlebird or Jaycar, 240/5v switchmode power adapters are fairly common, and most of the multi output types include a 2.1mm

https://www.jaycar.com.au/5vdc-1000ma-ultra-slim-switchmode-power-adaptors/p/MP3144

Offline rockncola

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:23:43 PM »
Have you checked Altronics, Littlebird or Jaycar, 240/5v switchmode power adapters are fairly common, and most of the multi output types include a 2.1mm

https://www.jaycar.com.au/5vdc-1000ma-ultra-slim-switchmode-power-adaptors/p/MP3144

I'm worried that the voltage may be different and may harm the console. I can't remember the voltage output of the original Davis adapter.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:29:01 PM by rockncola »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
5v center +
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »

There an error in that, 2.1mm should be 1.2mm, the DC plug is a 3.5*1.2mm

Offline Storm017

• Senior Contributor

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 09:02:47 PM »