Author Topic: Can't reach my IP-100, strange data on WU  (Read 2522 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Can't reach my IP-100, strange data on WU
« on: October 05, 2016, 05:12:13 PM »
Getting some odd behavior from my Rainwise Mk III today.  My WU data looks like it is only updating every half hour or so.  I also can't access my IP-100.  I get a connection error saying I have to be on the same network (I am) and that I have to be reporting to Rainwise (I am), and make sure the IP-100 is reporting as on line (it is).  Any thoughts?

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Can't reach my IP-100, strange data on WU
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 07:49:17 PM »
looks like you're ok now... :grin:

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 08:10:13 PM »
Data to WU looks better, but I still can't get to the IP-100.  If it doesn't magically repair itself I'll contact Rainwise tomorrow.

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 08:30:36 PM »
i guess you're talking about logging into your account...?  ...for i was able to see your data by-way of your link.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »
i guess you're talking about logging into your account...?  ...for i was able to see your data by-way of your link.

No, I can log into my account, but when I select the IP-100 icon I get the error.

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 02:16:07 AM »
I get the same error if I try to access my ip-100 from rainwise, most routers do not like you going out and back in to a local device so I access my ip-100 by going directly to the local private network address. WU has been weird lately with my setup also with gaps and missing data and the barometer reading zero which my console does not see nor does my cc-3000 see it, so I'm 99% sure it's a WU problem...

Kevin

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 06:41:13 AM »
I get the same error if I try to access my ip-100 from rainwise, most routers do not like you going out and back in to a local device so I access my ip-100 by going directly to the local private network address. WU has been weird lately with my setup also with gaps and missing data and the barometer reading zero which my console does not see nor does my cc-3000 see it, so I'm 99% sure it's a WU problem...

Kevin

Say what you will about WU, but I'm pretty sure this one's on me.  I moved my sensor array to another part of the roof a couple of weeks ago and I am still looking for an optimum location for the IP-100 receiver in my wife's home office.  The array is reporting fine to my two Oracle displays, but with the labyrinth of electronics and low-e glass windows I need to find the right spot for reception while I can still plug in to the router.  The funny thing is, the array is about 4 feet from the receiver, but through 2 feet of roofing and framing lumber.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »

Kevin

Say what you will about WU, but I'm pretty sure this one's on me.  I moved my sensor array to another part of the roof a couple of weeks ago and I am still looking for an optimum location for the IP-100 receiver in my wife's home office.  The array is reporting fine to my two Oracle displays, but with the labyrinth of electronics and low-e glass windows I need to find the right spot for reception while I can still plug in to the router.  The funny thing is, the array is about 4 feet from the receiver, but through 2 feet of roofing and framing lumber.

Unrelated to your current issue, how would you compare the VP2 to your Rainwise setup?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:06:55 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 09:38:59 PM »
Unrelated to your current issue, how would you compare the VP2 to your Rainwise setup?

I am very happy with it.  It has had a few hiccups in the two years I've had it, but Rainwise support has always been there.  I like the Oracle display better than the Davis display and some, if not many would argue that the 8" Rainwise rainbucket has advantages over the 6" Davis.  Having installed both, I can tell you that the Rainwise sensor array is more substantial than the Davis.  That said, the Davis is far more popular, probably because of its high quality components at a decent price point.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 09:49:45 PM »

I am very happy with it.  It has had a few hiccups in the two years I've had it, but Rainwise support has always been there.  I like the Oracle display better than the Davis display and some, if not many would argue that the 8" Rainwise rainbucket has advantages over the 6" Davis.  Having installed both, I can tell you that the Rainwise sensor array is more substantial than the Davis.  That said, the Davis is far more popular, probably because of its high quality components at a decent price point.

Interesting. I have two VP2s (1 for uploading to WU et al, the other for fun and testing), a Mr. CoCo gauge and a rainwise 8" tipper. I have been very disappointed with the rain recorded by the VP2s--they seem unreliable and vary entirely too much. The rainwise seems closest to Mr. CoCo, which probably is the most accurate of the bunch--nothing like a $30 plastic gauge to show up the tippers costing a lot more! In any event, I may connect the rainwise to the VP2 and disconnect the VP2 tipper. Wish Davis would address this issue as it is frequently discussed in this Forum as a weakness in an otherwise outstanding PWS! The temperature and humidity readings in the VP2 as a result of the SHT 31 are nothing short of amazing. The VP2 console is dated and ugly, but functional, and I can't comment on the anemometer readings as I don't have a good place to locate it--needs to be significantly higher but Mrs. WheatonRon says that being higher would be horribly ugly!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:06:35 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0