Author Topic: "OFL" with WS-2315  (Read 4311 times)

Offline mewnlite

"OFL" with WS-2315
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »
Publisher is displaying "OFL" in the wind chill category.
The documentation said anything below -40C is out of range.
My heavyweather history is showing mostly temperatures in the minus 20's and 30's, although there was one that was -46F. If it can display properly in the history, why can't Publisher display it properly?
The lowest I've seen it display is about -20.5F. Anything more it's "OFL".
-40C and -40F are equal, and if -40 is really the lower limit, then it should at least be showing the ones in the minus 30's.
Any suggestions on how to possibly fix this?
http://alongthewapsie.com/weather.htm

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
Re: "OFL" with WS-2315
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:06:15 PM »
Publisher is displaying "OFL" in the wind chill category.
The documentation said anything below -40C is out of range.
My heavyweather history is showing mostly temperatures in the minus 20's and 30's, although there was one that was -46F. If it can display properly in the history, why can't Publisher display it properly?
The lowest I've seen it display is about -20.5F. Anything more it's "OFL".
-40C and -40F are equal, and if -40 is really the lower limit, then it should at least be showing the ones in the minus 30's.
Any suggestions on how to possibly fix this?
http://alongthewapsie.com/weather.htm

If you are running in wireless mode, the display will show OFL if there are interruptions in the reception of data. Publisher might not process the piece of data that goes OFL, allowing valid data to change.

If you are running wired mode, you should never see OFL on the display.

Offline mewnlite

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:33:30 PM »
I am running it wired.

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »
I am running it wired.

Sorry, I did not read your post carefully. I thought your temperature was going OFL, not wind chill.

According to the manual, the lowest temp allows is -21.8F. They may be applying a range check on all temperature readings. If it goes below that value, OFL might be displayed.

You said publisher was displaying the value Ok. If that is true, it is reading from the currdat.lst file output by Heavyweather, so Heavyweather is also reading the value from the console correctly (or computing it).

It is strange, but if it is a console only issue, it is not a big deal.

Offline mewnlite

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 10:49:38 PM »
I am running it wired.

Sorry, I did not read your post carefully. I thought your temperature was going OFL, not wind chill.

According to the manual, the lowest temp allows is -21.8F. They may be applying a range check on all temperature readings. If it goes below that value, OFL might be displayed.

You said publisher was displaying the value Ok. If that is true, it is reading from the currdat.lst file output by Heavyweather, so Heavyweather is also reading the value from the console correctly (or computing it).

It is strange, but if it is a console only issue, it is not a big deal.

HeavyWeather is recording the correct temperatures in the history file but on the console it shows OFL.
See http://www.alongthewapsie.com/hw.gif
I'm sure I'm going to have to live with it. Hopefully it won't stay this cold very long!
Thanks for your input.