Author Topic: Can I use a WMR968 Wind Cup on WMR100?  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Talion

Can I use a WMR968 Wind Cup on WMR100?
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »
I have a WMR100A with a broken wind cup. One cup has a goodly chunk missing at the outer edge.

There appears to be no replacement part on the Oregon Scientific site, but they do have a replacement cup for the WMR968 at this page:

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/cat-Accessories-sub-Replacement-Parts-prod-Wind-Cup-Replacement-Part-for-WMR968-Pro-Weather-Station.html

The cup for the WMR100n appears to be incompatible.

I'm pretty handy and can make modifications if necessary. Hate to have to buy a new unit because of one $4 part. It just has to be the same 2 5/8 inch radius for accurate readings. Anyone know the radius of the WMR968 cup?

I presume there is no way of repairing the broken cup while keeping the unit in reasonable balance? A last resort would be replacing cups with cups removed from a larger or smaller radius cup assembly. Don't care much for that iffy idea, though.

Any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Barry Curtis

• "Three WX Stations and Counting...LOL!"
I replaced mine with a different brand.  I went to:greatbigoutlet.com and ordered a WS 2010-15 wind cups. They worked perfect.  Only thing is the hole that goes onto the shaft is smaller and you have to push it on and it holds really tight.  Didn't even have to use the setscrew as it was really tight.  Worked great for me.
If the magnet is the same for the 968 cups they should work also.

Offline cappelen

• Laughlin, NV
Re: Can I use a WMR968 Wind Cup on WMR100?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »
The wind cups from La Crosse worked just GREAT.