Author Topic: Atlas HD display not pairing with sensor  (Read 2276 times)

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
Re: Atlas HD display not pairing with sensor
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »
sorry to hear so many of you are having these issues

Interestingly; I was one of the first ones here to actually buy one at retail, and when I reported these issues and others, I was raked over the coals by some people here..

This model should be recalled/pulled off the market until the retail versions work properly right out of the box..

Right.   :roll:

Why don't you move along as was requested before?

Or do you have some other motive?  Sure sounds like you were determined to hate it right from the start.

Of course, there are many that are having great luck, but you choose to ignore those people, because you don't like Facebook.

I wonder why?

Why dont you stop acting like you are the boss of this forum, and learn to deal with the fact that this new product is loaded with issues for most of the users on this forum?
Just because you idolize Acurite, and cant deal with the truth about the issues so many are having with this new device, doesnt entitle you to determine who is in this thread, and what they can post..

If you cant deal with it, then YOU should move on; the rest of us arent going anywhere..
Why are you still trolling here? You don't own a Acurite anymore post in your own section and keep this one topic geeesh..

you dont know me, or what I own, so spare me your uniformed insults

Offline Woody5023

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 07:24:34 PM »
I'm going to try one more thing. I'm going to rotate the station 180 degrees and put the radiation shield facing north and give it one more week.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 07:27:13 PM »

Interestingly; I was one of the first ones here to actually buy one at retail, and when I reported these issues and others, I was raked over the coals by some people here..

This model should be recalled/pulled off the market until the retail versions work properly right out of the box..

Or do you have some other motive?  Sure sounds like you were determined to hate it right from the start.

Of course, there are many that are having great luck, but you choose to ignore those people, because you don't like Facebook.

I wonder why?

Why dont you stop acting like you are the boss of this forum, and learn to deal with the fact that this new product is loaded with issues for most of the users on this forum?
Just because you idolize Acurite, and cant deal with the truth about the issues so many are having with this new device, doesnt entitle you to determine who is in this thread, and what they can post..

If you cant deal with it, then YOU should move on; the rest of us arent going anywhere..
Why are you still trolling here? You don't own a Acurite anymore post in your own section and keep this one topic geeesh..

Believe me or us we all know you by the trolling you do  :roll:, you put down Atlas every chance you get move along if you don't like the brand!
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
I'm going to try one more thing. I'm going to rotate the station 180 degrees and put the radiation shield facing north and give it one more week.

That's going to make the fan aspiration less effective due to the positioning of the solar panels.

As far as sun exposure on the radiation shield (pagoda), I doubt it will make a difference.

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2018, 08:11:56 PM »

I wonder why?

Believe me or us we all know you by the trolling you do  :roll:, you put down Atlas every chance you get move along if you don't like the brand!

Well, if you are so certain of who I am, and what I do, how many Acurite products are in my house right now?
And, sadly, fanboys like you always call truthful comments "put downs"

If you care to count, take a look at how many people here have had TROUBLE FREE experiences with the Atlas, and then count how many have REPORTED ISSUES..please post a truth count here, if you dare..

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:13:43 PM by wase4711 »

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 08:14:51 PM »

I wonder why?

Well, if you are so certain of who I am, and what I do, how many Acurite products are in my house right now?
And, sadly, fanboys like you always call truthful comments "put downs"

If you care to count, take a look at how many people here have had TROUBLE FREE experiences with the Atlas, and then count how many have REPORTED ISSUES..please post a truthful count here, if you dare..

Offline Wrog

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 04:40:27 PM »
Back on topic now.

After reporting fairly regularly all day yesterday, I put the sensor back outside to see if it would continue to function okay.  Once again it  stopped reporting right when I took it outside.  After a while of no readings, I moved it to the patio which is about six feet from where it had been sitting all day when it seemed to be reporting fine.  That's about 20 feet from the Access unit.  After a while it registered one reading then went MIA the rest of the night then came back to life this morning at 10:30, about an hour later than yesterdays awakening.  Once again it reported the same readings as the last one from the night before then has been reporting regularly since.  I think this unit has two issues:
1. it literally goes to sleep at night
2. it has tired blood so its signal is anemic
I'll leave it where it's currently sitting and not touch it to see if it goes to sleep again without being moved.  I'm interested to see what happens when it's left alone.
Regarding the UV reading, it has been a cloudless day and the highest reading has been a 2.  It's now afternoon so it's not going to go higher than that today.  I writing this from work so I can't check to see if the unit is positioned with the solar panels pointing south to that might be influencing it.

As far as the display goes, it picked the initial reading which it had for 12+ hours then sometime during the day yesterday it got another ping as the displayed data had changed and then nothing more.

The replacement unit is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Amazon scheduled Saturday delivery?!) so I'll report back tomorrow after I have a chance to try it out and I hope all goes well with it.

Offline Wrog

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 03:09:00 PM »
My replacement bundle arrived this morning and all seems right with the world.  I now see that the issue was with the sensor and not the display. I plugged in both the new and old displays and they immediately picked up the new sensor’s signal and are displaying identical information. I wish I could keep them both as I don’t want to pay retail for another HD display. I really like the HD display. It’s very legible even from across the room, at least the temperature reading. And the sleep option is nice.

Quickly added to MyAcuRite account and linked to WU. Much less frustrating than the first unit.

Question about the sensor. I saw an Atlas unboxing video online that a couple posted. He said to put autopaint wax in the rain catcher and in the wind cups. Do you guys recommend this? Also, is there a way to repel bugs from the sensor? Mine get full of spiderwebs and gnats seem to love it. When I took down my 5n1 it was covered with dead gnats.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:43:05 AM by Wrog »

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2018, 03:37:47 PM »
Question about the sensor. I saw an Atlas unboxing video online that a couple posted. He said to put autopaint wax in the rain catcher and in the wind cups. Do you guys recommend this? Also, is there a way to repel bugs from the sensor? Mine get full of spiderwebs and gnats seem to love it. When I took down my 5n1 it was covered with dead gnats.

Waxing wouldn't hurt.  If you look at the rain buckets on my tear-down thread, they were pretty dirty.  A bit of wax would likely keep them cleaner over time.  Waxing the rain collector is said to help as moisture is less likely to cling to the sides.  Waxing the rest of the body is said to help prevent any snow or ice buildup.  I'm not sure what waxing the wind cups might do, but it can't hurt.

I haven't had spider problems in the Atlas like the 5n1.  I'm not sure why, except maybe the larger size makes the unit less attractive to them.

Some have suggested mothballs in the past, but it didn't seem to help my spider situation.

Offline Woody5023

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 04:06:12 PM »
As crazy as it sounds, rotating mine to have the radiation shield to the north appears to be better handling the sun.  The fan still runs because the solar panels on the side still get sunlight. Will give this some more time to see if it holds up.

Offline Wrog

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »
As crazy as it sounds, rotating mine to have the radiation shield to the north appears to be better handling the sun.  The fan still runs because the solar panels on the side still get sunlight. Will give this some more time to see if it holds up.

This might be okay for me in the summer, might actually work better for me but in the summer months, it probably won’t in the winter because the sun it so low toward the southern horizon. I don’t know if it would get any sun for most of the day. Cloudy days wouldn’t be an issue.  :?

Offline Wrog

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 10:29:31 PM »
I got my new sensor set up on a new, higher pole to allow for better wind monitoring.  Now that I have it set where I want it, how do I delete the bad readings that made it through to myacurite and WU?  I know there used to be an Edit button on WU but I don't see it now.  Did they remove that functionality?  I'd like to remove the 178/150/97/90/85 mph wind readings (I have not idea where those came from) and the precipitation readings.

Also, how often does the display data update?

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2018, 07:59:29 AM »
Also, how often does the display data update?
You can see the update times from this PDF.

Sensor Comparison Chart - AcuRite
https://www.acurite.com/media/documents/AcuRite-Sensor-Comparison-Chart.pdf

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
I know there used to be an Edit button on WU but I don't see it now.  Did they remove that functionality?

Yes, but I believe it is temporary as they work on other issues.

Offline Wrog

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »
Is there a way to correct the weirdness with the pressure variance between what it actually is and what the Access reads and reports to WU?  I know I can enter an adjustment in myacurite but that's not what WU is getting.  For example, the NWS reading last hour at the airport (about three miles from the Access) posted a pressure reading of 30.43.  The reading that WU has from my unit is 27.55.  If I enter an adjustment then I can get the myacurite reading close but WU still shows the unadjusted reading.  Is there any fix for it?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 04:38:40 PM »
Is there a way to correct the weirdness with the pressure variance between what it actually is and what the Access reads and reports to WU?  I know I can enter an adjustment in myacurite but that's not what WU is getting.  For example, the NWS reading last hour at the airport (about three miles from the Access) posted a pressure reading of 30.43.  The reading that WU has from my unit is 27.55.  If I enter an adjustment then I can get the myacurite reading close but WU still shows the unadjusted reading.  Is there any fix for it?

It sounds as though you've set the Access to report station pressure.  If you set it to "adjusted" (aka altimeter) it will send that instead.

You'll likely want to remove the manual adjustment at that point.

anything