Author Topic: WMR200 to VWS truncates data when transfering to data file  (Read 1875 times)

Offline jimegginton

WMR200 to VWS truncates data when transfering to data file
« on: February 26, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »
Using VWS 14.01 with a WMR200.
Many times over the last 18 months I have started up VWS with WMR200 attached to download data in the WMR200 to the .csv file and daily totals etc.  It seems that if the program is interupted because of say the screensaver comes on or I connect something to the USB port the download stops and sometimes when restarted the data from the last point it was downloading will not complete and data is lost.
Is there any way to get the WMR to download data not downloaded, I cannot find any?
Is there a fix to stop it truncating data in this way?
I am sure weather watchers like me find this the pits.  Weather records with even a small hole in mean you can no longer say, 'the most rain in 24 hours was...' etc.

Regards Jim
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:55:58 PM by saratogaWX »

Offline jimegginton

Re: WMR200 to VWS truncates data when transfering to data file
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
Looks as though this may be addressed in Beta 2.0 release
# P59. There are some reports that the WMR200A does not download all of the data to Virtual Weather Station. I have not been able to reproduce this, but I added a feature where it displays the first archived data point, the most current live reading, and the current record being downloaded, so we can troubleshoot this issue. This is under the WMR200 Sensor Communication window.
# P60. Continuation of the effort in P59. If you closed the WMR200 communication window and reopened, the archive records would not be updated.

I suspected it was due to the screen saver coming on or some other program interupting the download.  In any event it should not zero the weather station if the tick box for such is not ticked!!

Will update this note if Beta 2.0 still does this.

anything