Author Topic: WMR200a and Windows 8  (Read 1756 times)

Offline J Lunis

WMR200a and Windows 8
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »
After 4 days, I've given up and posted here.  Can't get my wmr200a to talk to my PC.  Using Weather OS - latest version.
I've installed/uninstalled 4x.  Rebooted twice.  Disabled firewall.  With regularity and frequency I get "server connection is temporarily unavailable."  Disabled UAC. 
I can open "Display" but there seem to be pre-configured cities (e.g., Hong Kong) I can't change.
Temps/humidity show nothing on PC.  Settings throws frequent "not responding."  Time zone and city selectors blank.  Speaking of not responding, an email to Oregon Scientific 3 days ago remains unanswered.
Also DLd and installed "Virtual Weather Station" but it keeps throwing an error concerning WININET.DLL.
And a number of related questions.  AFAIK, every time I add hardware to my network, I need a MAC and IP.  Not with the WMR200a.  Normal?  How do I insure it's on my network?  It is supposed to be there, right?
Anywhere Weather (android) - installed on my phone.  Had to create an account and login.  Have no idea why. BTW, it asks for the MAC.

anything