Author Topic: Forcast problems  (Read 3135 times)

Offline prvrt

• Contributor
  • WL7COQ
    • My Idaho Weather
Forcast problems
« on: April 05, 2008, 01:07:49 AM »
I finally have my website up and running with trial software. One problem I seem to have is the 5 day forcast does not seem to work. The forcast page seems blank and does not want to update. The website is myidahoweather.com.

Also, if I understand this correctly, WD takes the wxlocal*.html files, inputs the data from the tags, and then uploads the files as wx*.html files. So if I wanted to modify the wx*.html files on the server, I would actually modify the wxlocal*.html file in the webfile directory and WD takes care of the rest? Any Help would be appreciated.
Davis Instruments 6163-Wireless VantagePro2 Plus w/wireless Anemometer, Software = Weather Display
Blackfoot, Idaho

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
Re: Forcast problems
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:53:19 AM »
Yes, that's exactly how it works.  Think of your wxlocal files as templates and make your modifications there.  WD will then fill in the tags and create the wx files for upload.

For the forecast issue, make sure you have Control Panel-FTP & Connnections METAR/NOAA-NOAA Forecast Download set up correctly so WD has the data to fill that tag in correctly.

Good Luck.  - Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

Offline prvrt

• Contributor
  • WL7COQ
    • My Idaho Weather
Re: Forcast problems
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »
Ok, seems that it is working now. I think I did not have the webpage updating often enough to keep up with the forcast. Now, how or where can I get the icons used by NOAA, or WU? The icons used now are very plain and simple. When I get them, I put them in the Ajax-Images folder on the server, right?
Davis Instruments 6163-Wireless VantagePro2 Plus w/wireless Anemometer, Software = Weather Display
Blackfoot, Idaho