Author Topic: Sensor 3.6v NiMH batteries  (Read 15394 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: Sensor 3.6v NiMH batteries
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »
I have had really good results with my "extra" sensors, have always run 3.  Most of the time the other two are somewhere in the house, or pool during summer (probe type).  But when I put them all outside or in a room, they track pretty good to each other.

I got the 123 version from the dog for xmas (the extreme cold version)  Afraid to install, my stock shack/nextech units have never had trouble with the cold, and i have been tracking at 99-100% for temp lately on madis, so I will leave it in the supply drawer till needed.

very small screwdriver?  I have not looked at the new unit outside the box yet, but the "extra" sensors have always had 4 screws, but they are just the normal small size phillips (I believe its a #1).  Not like a glass repair kit size or anything.

Andrew

OK!  I have the THGR122NX up and running and have it substituted for the THGR968.  Compared to known stations, it is extremely on the money.  I am a 95% happy camper.   \:D/ 

I will say that the range is not quite what I expected.  The batteries (which were supposed to be included, but weren't) may be weak.  When it gets a little more pleasant outside, I need to find a better placement for it.  With the clouds and rain, I don't think solar heating is going to be a problem for a few days.

Oh, one more thing.  You need a very small screwdriver to open the battery compartment.

From the FWIW Department.

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline txpgapro

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »
Why don't you try the LED Solar yard lights.  They run off 2 AA rechargable batteries with the same mAh.  I switched all mine to 2500 mAh and they work great.
The more I'm around some people -
the more I like my dog!

Davis Vantage Pro2 IP

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 11:02:56 PM »
Why don't you try the LED Solar yard lights.  They run off 2 AA rechargable batteries with the same mAh.  I switched all mine to 2500 mAh and they work great.
Do they fit in the housings okay without leaving any gaps?
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline txpgapro

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 11:59:33 PM »
I'd try using the entire solar catcher and cut the wires that normally run to the light bulb and patch them to the lead wires of the sensor.  I'm just scattershooting.  I ave no idea whether it would work or not.
The more I'm around some people -
the more I like my dog!

Davis Vantage Pro2 IP