Author Topic: 5-1 acurite frustation with sharing software.  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: 5-1 acurite frustation with sharing software.
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »
If you want to access the WeatherUnderground view of your Acurite sensors, create a shortcut on the desktop using the URL from the browser.  If you are talking about accessing the Meteobridge directly, there will be a similar shortcut you would make but using the "secret" URL from within the tabs in the Meteobridge display.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 10:34:12 PM »
Were is that "secret " url or tab in system?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 10:56:35 PM »
System tab - Security - Allow Internet Login via URL (click the link) and you get a long URL like https://admin.meteobridge.com/55555538765504436335cba3986e55555555/
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2016, 10:57:59 PM »
That gives me page cant be displayed

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 11:14:59 PM »
You have to use YOUR URL, no the munged one I showed.  Please just go to the tab I listed and look.  Or RTFM

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 11:22:31 PM »
Hmm something isn't right on WU why isn't page refreshing on its own? Just saw it said station just reported 14 min ago.
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KFLMIAMI273

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 06:12:44 AM »
You must get that unique URL as Bushman suggested. You cannot use the IP you used last time to access it, because I assume your router is set to auto DHCP, so it will always assing a different IP based on what other devices are currently connected to your wifi.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 06:18:33 AM »
Well Comcast had outage last night meteobridge got disconnected don't know who to reconnect now. How do I get new IP?

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 06:32:56 AM »
Do I start entire process again and how do I go by getting new IP again? Should I do factory reset? :0(

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2016, 07:00:35 AM »
No, you should simply run that software I told you to install and determine the new IP address of the device in your network and use that, though meteobridge should normally connect automatically once the electricity is back up. You only need the IP if you want to make changes in the MB control panel.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2016, 08:09:45 AM »
I noticed that software you gave me keeps old IP there. How do I determine which is new one?iam at work so can't do much till this afternoon. Right now it's just on the aculink bridge Comcast outage dropped the meteobridge. So should I reconnect Ethernet cord to router and run that program to get new IP address? Then guessing put it on my address bar. But before all that should I reset it like take power cable out or hold down few few sec for factory reset?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »
OK, assuming you got your set up right yesterday, once electricity is back up, MB should automatically connect again, it keeps all the WIFI info saved even when not under power. You should really only have to access your control panel when you need to change this again.

And if your wifi is set up correctly, you do not need to connect the ethernet cable again, you can simply scan your network, find the current IP address and if both your PC and the weather bridge are connected to the same router, you should be able to access your control panel directly from a browser.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2016, 08:24:03 AM »
Will it automatically now give me a new IP address??How can I tell which is new one??When I get home I'll run that program with Ethernet cord plugged in to router.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:26:39 AM by Adrian23 »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2016, 08:38:31 AM »
Why, I just told you MB should connect automatically when power is back up. And if not, then you should still be able to access it via browser wirelessly, ethernet is only used in the initial set up, unless you reset your meteobridge to factory defaults you should not have to do this.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »
I think you do not understand Adrian.

Meteobridge is not really a piece of hardware, it is a "software" (or rather firmware).

The way this works is as follows:

There are special router models, which support you to load (flash) a different firmware. I will now try to simplify it as much as possible so that you understand how Meteobridge works.

So think of it this way.

You have a station and you need a router, which can communicate with your station and be able to get the data from it. Normally when you buy a router in a shop, this router is for connecting to the internet and of course it does not know how to communicate with weather stations.

Meteobridge is like a program that you install inside a router, which tells the router how to communicate with your station. And so you first need to make sure you have one of the routers, where Meteobridge can be installed.
The ones supported are here:
http://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Preparing_Hardware

I personally use the MR3020, it is the cheapest option and works great.

So you buy one of these routers that can have Meteobridge installed inside them. You then take it home and you delete the original software inside this router and instead, install Meteobridge. Now your station can be connected to this router (again, Meteobridge IS NOT a device or router, it is like a software).

Then you take this little router with Meteobridge and you connect it either with an ethernet cable or wirelessly to your normal router you have at home, which you use to connect to the internet. And this is how your data is then sent to the internet.

So to summarize, the scheme then looks like this:

Station ----- > Router which supports meteobridge, with meteobridge installed --------> your normal home router -------> internet
Great simple instructions for any novice should be a sticky, thanks for taking the time and posting! =D>
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2016, 09:28:07 AM »
I talked to Adrian for about an hour yesterday later in the evening on Skype, I think he now understands how it works, and it was in fact working yesterday, unfortunately there blackouts sometimes cause problems. He has to check at home if it automatically connected - which it should if the network is back up.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2016, 09:31:51 AM »
When buying the license is it a one time buy or yearly or??
KMIBADAX38

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2016, 09:38:54 AM »
Perpetual license.  Free updates if you want.  Great service for a one time cost.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »
Perpetual license.  Free updates if you want.  Great service for a one time cost.
Good to hear  :-)
KMIBADAX38

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2016, 09:39:58 AM »
Why, I just told you MB should connect automatically when power is back up. And if not, then you should still be able to access it via browser wirelessly, ethernet is only used in the initial set up, unless you reset your meteobridge to factory defaults you should not have to do this.

If the Comcast router allows it, I would set a fixed IP.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:30 AM »
Up and running guys...Thx for all the help. Awesome forum! =D>

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 11:21:09 AM »
Adrian:
Regarding your PM:
You always access the Control Panel by typing the IP currently assigned to Meteobridge in a browser of a PC that is connected to the same network as your MB.

Alternatively you can use the remote access URL, which is like a unique URL that will allow you to control the device remotely. To get this URL, go to your cPanel, select the System tab and then in the Security section, there is a text:

Allow login from the Internet via this URL

Make sure this option is enabled and by clicking the "this URL" link, it will show you the address.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 11:52:36 AM »
Under security were it says password I added my own and now its telling me "Authorization Required "

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »
OK well then use this password to login from the remote URL