Author Topic: ColorConditions.jpg  (Read 1393 times)

Offline FrankP999

ColorConditions.jpg
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »
I have an issue with the ajax dashboard. It is not displaying graphic for conditions i.e. conditionscolour.jpg. The page is http://frankpinkston.com/weather/fcp_wx_main.php - it dosplays the the words "Danger Heat" but not the graphic generated by WeatherDisplay. The graphic file is being uploaded and you can see it at http://frankpinkston.com/weather/conditionscolour.jpg

I thought there was a switch in the ajax js file but for the life of me I cannot locate it. I appreciate any assistance,

Thanks,Frank

Offline FrankP999

Re: ColorConditions.jpg
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:24:56 PM »
Anyone?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
Hi Frank,

I see you're using the WD/AJAX/PHP template with the alternative ajax-dashboard  (very nice!).

The WD conditionscolour.jpg is not used directly by the template with either version of the dashboard, but the creation of it by WD needs to be enabled in order that the WD tag %conditionscolourword% can be used by PHP in generating the initial page.  The ajaxWDwx.js JavaScript which provides AJAX updates to the word uses the data values from clientraw.txt to compute and display what conditions word should be displayed.  It is based on the same algorithm used in WD, and the words are contained in the script.  Your version of ajaxWDwx.js doesn't seem to have the computation for the conditions color, so I suggest you download, customize and install the current version (Version 2.18 - 20-Mar-2008) which includes that processing.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline FrankP999

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »
Thanks Ken, updating to the newest version fixed the problem.  :grin:

Frank

anything