Author Topic: Alternative Dashboard and New Records  (Read 3507 times)

Offline FrankP999

Alternative Dashboard and New Records
« on: June 14, 2009, 02:40:26 PM »
I am using the alternative dashboard from http://www.websterweatherlive.com/. It has an expanded feature to flag new records. That feature is not working for me. It flags every temp as a new record high. I have contacted the author and he does not understand why it is not working,

Has anyone else tried this alternative dashboard and had success or problems with this feature? Thanks

Frank

Offline dnicho77

• Puget Sound Weather
Re: Alternative Dashboard and New Records
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »
Frank-
If I recall,the NEW High and Low Records are based on the climate data from the METAR that you specify.Anytime that your temperature is exceeding the low or high temperature,it will display.Are you downloading a local METAR?

Dale

Offline FrankP999

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 12:43:59 AM »
Yes Metar KMCN. I am getting other almanac data like record and average temps from Weather Underground

Frank

Offline WeatherAnomaly

• Pinellas Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 08:36:03 AM »
Yes, I have noted the same anomaly. I'm only pulling Metar from Wunderground for Raleigh, NC (KRDU) and have noted record highs and lows. I upgraded my WX station from a La Crosse to a Davis Pro 2 last October. It seems as if the record highs and lows are being pulled from the station data and not Metars. See attached pic of my setup.
-The National Weather Service is one of the "few" US Government operations (US Department of Commerce) that give every American a "tangible benefit" for their tax dollar.

Offline ALITTLEweird1

• Mark
  • Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • North Bend Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
As an option too, You can disable it so It doesnt show when a record was broken.
"Nature can do without man, but man cannot do without nature."

Software: WeatherDisplay
Hardware: Davis VP2 + VP2 Solar + VP2 UV + Lightning Detector + Logitech Webcam + Soil temp + Soil Moisture

Offline WeatherAnomaly

• Pinellas Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 11:48:01 AM »
I've disabled the Record High/Low until we hear from Scott at WebsterWeatherLive.com.
-The National Weather Service is one of the "few" US Government operations (US Department of Commerce) that give every American a "tangible benefit" for their tax dollar.

Offline ALITTLEweird1

• Mark
  • Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • North Bend Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »
I wish too that the records were based off of your station. I get the samething too everyday saying "new high record"
"Nature can do without man, but man cannot do without nature."

Software: WeatherDisplay
Hardware: Davis VP2 + VP2 Solar + VP2 UV + Lightning Detector + Logitech Webcam + Soil temp + Soil Moisture

Offline FrankP999

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »
Mine shows a new high temp constantly.

Frank

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 09:07:45 PM »
The New record High/Low function ONLY works with the Weather Undergrounds records and for some reason, the tags are using the average high and low for ONLY SOME people.  The tags are correct, the code is correct but the results are wrong.  The only answer is to simply DISABLE the high and low records option at the top of the script.  Simply set it to flase and the flag goes away.  I've looked at the code on those that have the problem and its no different then the code that works.  I can find no differences anywhere.  Sorry guys, some things just can't be explained with what we can see in Weather Display.

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline FrankP999

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »
Scott,

Thanks for the update. Wierd that it works on some systems  :? . I set the flag to USEWU to false. That has the additional effect of not displaying the "normals" i.e. the normal high and normal low for the date. I added a second flag so the normals display but the NewRecord code does not execute. See http://frankpinkston.com/weather/fcp_wx_main.php

Frank

Offline WeatherAnomaly

• Pinellas Weather
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »
Frank

What flag did you set for the Normals Display?

Offline WeatherAnomaly

• Pinellas Weather
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 08:15:35 AM »
In order to keep the Normals display I modified the NewRec_HIGH.jpg and the NewRec_LOW.jpg located in the /ajax-images directory. I took a sample of the white background and applied a flood fill to the graphic resulting in a completely white jpg to match the background on the web page. This way I can still have the records display and the high/low will display but in white only to match the background. It's a workaround until the root cause id discovered. Attached are the two jpg's to use. Make sure you make a copy on the original jpg files before you copy these to the /ajax-images folder. After you copy over the jpg files modify the ajax-dashboard.php parameter to: $useWU = true; (on approx line 54).

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 07:30:39 PM »
I've possibly fixed the problem with the graphics.  I'm beta testing the fix now with a couple people that have the problem.  I'll know in a day or two and then I will post it.  It will be version 3.03 when released (if that fixes it).  I just released version 3.02 to fix the sunshine hours issue with the + and - showing now.

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline FrankP999

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »
Frank

What flag did you set for the Normals Display?
I added a second flag changed the script to look at that flag.

Offline WeatherAnomaly

• Pinellas Weather
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 08:16:09 AM »
I've tested the Beta 3.03 and the New High/Low Records anomaly seems to be fixed. Scott said the release of 3.03 is very soon.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »
Version 3.03 Released to Fix this Issue

I've released version 3.03 of my Alternative Dashboard that fixes the issue of the New Record High or Low showing up all the time.  The problem was caused if you still had the Units of Measure turned on for your site.  The unit of measure caused the math to fail when calculating if the current temperature was checked with those from Weather Underground. 

You can download the updated version now at my site in the WD Scripts section or click here:  http://www.websterweatherlive.com/wxScripts.php

Scott

Offline WeatherAnomaly

• Pinellas Weather
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 06:12:21 AM »
I loaded the new 3.03 version two days ago Scott and all is looking great. Thanks for getting this fix out so soon!

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »
Version 4.00 is now released to be compatable with Ken True's new version 1.10 of his US script.

Scott