Author Topic: WS-2000 Calibration Off Sets Retrieval  (Read 2596 times)

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
WS-2000 Calibration Off Sets Retrieval
« on: February 25, 2019, 08:18:56 AM »
Apparently I need to do a factory reset of the WS-2000.  After a WiFi firmware update it has totally stopped reporting.  The console still displays the correct info,  and I have a wife signal according to the bar,  but no icons for AW or WU and no reporting.  The AWNet app is useless here as it can see the mac address but does not change or update anything.  I tried manually entering in my WU station info and it sill will not report.  The mac address is showing on the Ambient Weather dash board on the web portal,  but not reporting there either.  I have found the WS-2000 to be totally flaky over the past several months of ownership.  Not rock solid like my previous 1400.

So factory reset it is.

Problem  i have is I have a few calibration settings.  Wind direction,  Temp,  External Sensor Temps,  etc.   How can I retrieve the off sets?   All I see is the new current values,  which are of NO HELP as by the time i finish with the factory reset ALL THE REAL TIME WEATHER INFO would have changed.  So I cant very well just reenter the wind direction that it is now.  i need the Off set.  The older ObserverIP used to just allow a simply +/- entry (etc).   This crazy 2000 unit seems to be very different. 

How can I retrieve the off sets before pressing factory rest so that I can put back like it is now? 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WS-2000 Calibration Off Sets Retrieval
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:53:59 AM »
I had that happen to me with my WS-2000. It happened after a power outage when my WiFi went down. I found a solution without need of a factory reset. I power cycled a few times. Then I re-entered the WiFi credentials. Even though it shows connected and as you said the awnet app sees it, mine too would not report anywhere. After reconnecting to WiFi everything started working.

But if that still doesn't work and you want to factory reset I'm with you on the fact that there is no way to actually see what the offset calibrations are. What I would recommend is to run another console at the same time. This other console can be a WS-1900 display or an ObserverIP so you don't need to pluck down for another WS-2000 display but you could. Both WS-1900 and ObserverIP consoles are relatively cheap...but those two aren't the only cheap options (keep reading). Having that second console it is calibrated against the current WS-2000. By running two consoles and having them match calibration settings then at any point you can factory reset either one, then you use the other to match calibration settings without needing to know what the offset it. You just make them read the same live.

You might even consider getting the Ecowitt GW1000 so that your station can also report to Ecowitt.net which is in a lot of ways nicer than AmbientWeather.net. The Ecowitt GW1000 is a full console with temperature, humidity and pressure....no need for external sensor and it is only $30. It is fully compatible with your station.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:42:35 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 09:11:20 AM »
Here is what the GW1000 console live view looks like on your mobile using WS View app from Ecowitt (there are more sensors, ...if you were to scroll down on this live view...that is if you have extra sensors.) It can show units any way you want for every sensor. I have pressure in hPa because I prefer it that way.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And here is what the GW1000 calibration screen looks like. Very much like the ObserverIP in operation.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:54:59 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 11:59:17 AM »
Ed is telling me one does not use the AWnet to make changes to the WS-2000?   

The WS-2000 does not use the awnet app to connect to WiFi and the Internet. This is for the WS-2902A.
To connect to WiFi, you simply go to the WiFi scan panel on the display from the screen (no app)
Here is a help guide which is an excerpt from the manual:
https://ambientweather.net/help/how-do-i-connect-the-ws-2000-to-wifi-and-the-internet/
Thanks

Ed

I have used it several times in the past and it seemed to work to connect to WU

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
What I would recommend is to run another console at the same time. ... You just make them read the same live.
Have you tried this?  I have an ObserverIP and trying to get the WS-2000 console and ObserverIP to agree to the same temp is impossible.  Its like chasing your tail.  I leave the ObserverIP as the main one and leave it set.  Then I set the WS-2000 to agree with it,  come back an hour later and they do not argree again.  repeat ... same results.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 12:39:17 PM »
Ed is telling me one does not use the AWnet to make changes to the WS-2000?   

The WS-2000 does not use the awnet app to connect to WiFi and the Internet. This is for the WS-2902A.
To connect to WiFi, you simply go to the WiFi scan panel on the display from the screen (no app)
Here is a help guide which is an excerpt from the manual:
https://ambientweather.net/help/how-do-i-connect-the-ws-2000-to-wifi-and-the-internet/
Thanks

Ed

I have used it several times in the past and it seemed to work to connect to WU

Ed is technically right. He is referring that to connect to WiFi on the WS-2000 it is done on the display tablet console itself. You can also configure WU there too. But Ed's answer left other details out. With the awnet app you can also configure WU for the WS-2000, but you can't configure the WiFi. So the WS-2000 has two places where you can configure WU (console and awnet app)....but WiFi has to first be configured on the console itself.

What is interesting is that if you want to remove the WU station configuration from the WS-2000 it can't be done directly from the display tablet console....unless you factory reset. it. But if you use the awnet app then you can blank out and remove the WU station configuration to make it stop reporting to WU.

There are several reasons why you may want to temporarily or permanently stop reporting to WU.
  • You want to use a different console. Like if you have a WS-2902A console also..etc. I don't personally like how the WS-2000 uploads to WU because of the rain rate method used. So I continue to use my WS-2902A for WU.
  • You need to make some calibration settings on the WS-2000. I like to make my calibration changes while offline. That way you don't end up uploading bad data. If you change units from metric to imperial I also recommend temporarily turning off online reporting. That moment when it changes units sometimes ends up bad data to be sent.
  • You want to temporarily run a different console while you take your primary console down for firmware upgrade. This way there is no down time in reporting.
  • You need to replace a bad sensor. I rather stop reporting online than post bad data till the sensor is replaced. This saves you from having bad historical graphs. It saves you from loosing the WU Yellow Star (yes I know that is doesn't really work...but it kinda does if you send bad data). It also saves you from sending bad data to CWOP which counts against your station statistical historical reputation and leaves a bad mark (thumbs down and red X's).

Also only through the awnet app is it possible to turn AmbientWeather.net reporting ON/OFF and select the reporting interval to this service to 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 minutes.

Also only through the awnet app is is possible to configure the WS-2000 to upload to WeatherCloud. Lots of WS-2000 users probably miss this feature because the are not aware of the awnet app.

Besides those functions only the awnet app can upgrade the WiFi firmware on the WS-2000. The WS-2000 has two firmwares; the Revision Firmware and the WiFi Firmware. The Revision Firmware is the one that brings in new features to the display tablet console and that upgrade is done via SD card that you first download with your computer and save to the SD card. The WiFi firmware is the one that is responsible for WiFi connectivity and I also what uploads to the online services. The WS-2000 and the WS-2902A both use the same internal WiFi chip and they seem to be running the same firmware. Both the WS-2902A and the WS-2000 get upgrades to the WiFi firmware at the same time and they are the same version numbers. It seems though that on the WS-2902A the WiFi firmware is responsible for all functionality where on the WS-2000 there is also the separate Revision Firmware running.

The awnet app is also valuable in seeing what MAC address and IP address your WS-2000 display tablet console has and if it is showing up on your network.

As you can see the awnet app adds a good bit of capabilities to the WS-2000. But one thing it does not do is let you see the calibration offsets. The screen shots I posted of what look to be the awnet app is actually Ecowitt's version of the app called WS View and it is used to calibrate the GW1000. If you do get an Ecowitt GW1000 you can have both apps installed but you can only run one at a time (at least in Android you have to swipe the other one closed before opening the other or you can't use the app).
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 12:56:03 PM »
What I would recommend is to run another console at the same time. ... You just make them read the same live.
Have you tried this?  I have an ObserverIP and trying to get the WS-2000 console and ObserverIP to agree to the same temp is impossible.  Its like chasing your tail.  I leave the ObserverIP as the main one and leave it set.  Then I set the WS-2000 to agree with it,  come back an hour later and they do not argree again.  repeat ... same results.

Yes I've tried this. I'm currently running 5 consoles. I have the WS-2000, WS-2902A, two ObserverIPs, and the GW1000.

What temperature are you having difficulty trying to match? Indoor or outdoor? or Both?

For outdoor temperature you just need to calibrate when the temperature is steady. Realize that the data is coming from the same outdoor sensor. So all consoles should be receiving the same data. That said I have noticed that the ObserverIP handles live temperature a bit differently. The WS-2000 and the WS-2902A report a more live temperature directly from the sensor. The ObserverIP on the other hand reports temperature in a more averaging way and not as live. The temperature has to be steady for it to match. It is like the ObserverIP lags behind because it is doing some kind of averaging. I've tested by reporting to WU with two different Station IDs, one for each console.  I noticed that the ObserverIP graphs smoother lines with less ups and downs (averaging). The WS-2000 and WS-2902A have more details of all the little ups and downs. This is another reason I prefer to report to WU with the WS-2902A (the WS-2000 is equal here but I don't like its rain rate method).

For indoor temperature matching I haven't placed that close attention to it ..but it seems to match no problem every time I look which is not often.
Tele-Pole

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 01:10:53 PM »
I updated the Firmware of the console via SD card and disconnected wifi and reconnected and it is working with out a factory reset,  but I am afraid that the firmware update did a reset anyway. 

Now the ObserverIP and Console are not in agreement.  but I do have the settings from the ObserverIP. 

Ed confirmed there is no way to get your calibrations settings out of the console.  That is really a bad design. 

The issue I have between the console and the observerIP in calibration has to do with pressure usually.  Get them reading the same and a few hours later then are off again.  For other settings i cannot recall,  but I am about to do some settings and let you know.

**** EDIT ****

I just set the temp in the console to match the ObserverIP reading of 65.1 from the same station.  10 min later the ObserverIP still reports 65.1 but the console now says 65.7.  ???

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 01:24:35 PM »
I have set the temp 5 times now in the past 20 minutes.  Every time I set it to match the ObserverIP it changes.  Some times it's higher,  sometimes lower.   Console is wacked.  What am I doing wrong

1. go to calibration
2. scroll down to outside temp
3. it reads +65.4.   but I want 66.2
4. change it to 66.2 and 5 min later it reads something totally diff from observerip

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
I updated the Firmware of the console via SD card and disconnected wifi and reconnected and it is working with out a factory reset,  but I am afraid that the firmware update did a reset anyway.
Which is why before any firmware update I copy all my settings like rain fall totals too. Because you can reenter those after an update. You can do that on the WS-2902A also. For the daily high and lows (temp, pressure..etc) yes that gets reset too. So you have to live with that for that day.

Now the ObserverIP and Console are not in agreement.  but I do have the settings from the ObserverIP. 

Ed confirmed there is no way to get your calibrations settings out of the console.  That is really a bad design. 

The issue I have between the console and the observerIP in calibration has to do with pressure usually.  Get them reading the same and a few hours later then are off again.  For other settings i cannot recall,  but I am about to do some settings and let you know.

**** EDIT ****

I just set the temp in the console to match the ObserverIP reading of 65.1 from the same station.  10 min later the ObserverIP still reports 65.1 but the console now says 65.7.  ???

Well you are experiencing as what I said, the ObserverIP is always going to lag behind in changes. So calibrate when there is no change. Then from that point on whenever you look a the ObserverIP trust that the data is good and that you are just seeing an average rather than truly live data. Such is the nature of the ObserverIP. Then when you look at the WS-2000 that is more live and instant. Both the ObserverIP and the WS-2000 are getting the data from the same sensors. So they are going to track in unison. They may not match all the time but is is just that the ObserverIP is lagging because of the averaging it is doing. Once you get that it shouldn't be so frustrating. I recommend that you set up a WU ID for each device. Then you can see their history graphs. Then you can make adjustments till the graphs overlap on the steady flat parts. Once you do that you are all set.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 01:35:24 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 01:59:12 PM »
For barometer calibration on the WS-2000 I have learned something. You can't change both Absolute and Relative at the same time. Change one and then save setting and then come back. When you go into the calibration settings of the WS-2000 always change just one. Otherwise wonkyness happens. It is because you aren't really changing each separately. Changes in one affect the other.

I think what I'm about to say about pressure calibration is probably the most difficult concept to understand with the WS-2000 and the WS-2902A. This does not apply to the ObserverIP as that is calibrated a different way....

With the WS-2000 and the WS-2902A there are two numbers you can change for pressure. You can change the Absolute and the Relative Pressure. Once you set what the Relative Pressure difference is between it and Absolute you never ever need to touch Relative Pressure settings again. In fact you don't even need to lookup what the pressure is a the airport to put in the setting for Relative Pressure. This may sound crazy...but hang in there. On the WS-2000 and the WS-2902A the number you enter for Relative Pressure as you are changing those numbers should never be the number to try and match the airport weather. So how do you get the Relative Pressure to be calibrated with the local airport? The answer is that you do that by changing the Absolute Pressure up or down by whatever + or - adjustment that you need. I'm not saying that you calibrate Absolute Pressure to be the same as the airport. What I'm saying is that you enter in changes to Abosolute to effect equal amount change + or - on what ends up showing for Relative Pressure. BUT you don't start by doing any of this. All this I've mentioned so far is step #2. First you must figure out your elevation and then use that to figure out what the difference between Absolute and Relative should be. This is step #1 and you do this by making Relative Pressure be that much more or less than whatever is Absolute. So when you do this Step #1 you don't care what the pressure is currently. All you are doing in step #1 is telling the WS-2000 or the WS-2902A by how much Absolute and Relative should always differ. This is your elevation.

If you don't do this in this manner as the paragraph above then you are going to be chasing your tail trying to match the ObserverIP forever.

If all that is too confusing and you don't care about Absolute Pressure then just set Absolute Pressure to equal Relative Pressure. Then when you want to calibrate to the airport or other barometer at the same location all you do is move Absolute Pressure up or down. Do not move Relative Pressure as in this method they always need to be the same. To keep them the same you just change Absolute...and Relative will match it.

But seriously it shouldn't be so hard to need to make Absolute equal to Relative. Just realize that whenever you move Absolute that Relative is going to go up or down by the same amount. And you don't want to touch Relative itself directly because that only changes the offset between them. The reason the offset between them should always be the same is because your elevation is always the same.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 02:08:59 PM »
Ambient Weather could really have solved this issue if they had designed their console to have a place to enter in elevation. Then that elevation would be used to calculate and enter in an offset between Absolute and Relative Pressure. And it would never change....unless you need to change your elevation.

It is because Ambient consoles don't ask you for elevation that we have to deal with this in this method I mentioned in the prior post. We have to do the calculation manually and figure out what our offset should be for our elevation. Then we set how much Relative differs from Absolute. Which is done when you change the Relative pressure number....it isn't really setting the Relative pressure...it is setting the offset between it and Absolute. So then to do the final calibration you move Absolute up and down by however much you need to effect that much change in Relative.

So that is an explanation why it is this way with Ambient.

The ObserverIP is different. There you actually set an offset for Absolute and Relative. There you aren't entering real pressure numbers. It is easy to understand the ObserverIP calibration method. It still doesn't ask you elevation...but it is instead asking you for offsets. The WS-2000 and WS-2902A are in a way asking for offsets but you can't really see them...you have to do those offsets indirectly by entering pressure numbers. It is up to you to nocice the difference between Relative and Absolute and then figure out what offset you have actually entered.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 02:28:38 PM »
I use this website to figure out what the difference between Absolute and Relative should be.

https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1224575267

Unfortunately this site uses metric units. But that is actually a good thing. Because with Ambient you can be more precises if you calibrate pressure using hPA. Then after all your calibration of Absolute and Relative is done then you can tell the console to switch to inHg if you prefer and the calibration sticks.

So to enter in numbers to the above website you'll need to convert your elevation in feet to meters. Google does that in the search bar, just enter 348 ft to m and serach for Google to give you the results. For example if you are at 348 feet of elevation that is 106.07 meters. So you enter in 106.07 meters for your elevation. But lets round to the nearest whole meters as that is better to match online services. So you use 106 meters. Then you enter in 1013.25 for the atmospheric pressure always. It doesn't matter what your actual pressure is at that moment. At this point this is still Step #1. We just want the offset that corresponds to your elevation and that is constant. So we get the best results if we use standard pressure which is 1013.25 hPa. Also leave the temperature at 15 deg C. That is standard temperature and we keep that number too.  Then you press the Execute button.

As you can see the results yield 1,026.05 hPa. You might say okay what does that tell me? It tells you how much the offset is for your elevation between Absolute and Relative Pressure. So you take the 1,026.05 and you subtract 1013.25 to get the offset.

1,026.05 hPa - 1013.25 hPa =  12.8 hPa

Now we know that in your console Absolute Pressure will always differ from Relative pressure by 12.8 hPa. So if the airport says the pressure is 1017.21 then you know that your absolute pressure should be 1004.41 hPa. I just subtracted 12.8 from 1017.21 to get the Absolute pressure.

What we have learned from this is that at elevation 348 ft your Absolute pressure will differ from Relative pressure by exactly 12.8 hPa. By telling your Ambient console that the offset is 12.8 between Absolute and Relative what you have actually done is give your station your elevation in an indirect way. It doesn't use your elevation...but is just keeps Absolute and Relative different by those amounts.

If you want to convert from hPa to inHg or vise versa then use this website:
https://www.convertunits.com/from/hpa/to/inhg

12.8 hpa is about 0.378 inHg. So your Absolute and Relative would differ by that amount.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:44:47 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 03:26:56 PM »
If you get all that before stuff there is actually an even better method to figure out an even more precise offset between Absolute and Relative Pressure. You still need to understand the prior concepts I laid out. This is just taking that and going a step further. So instead of entering in 1013.25 for the Atmospheric Pressure into the keisan.casio.com calculation you instead keep testing numbers to create the Sea Level Pressure result to be 1013.25. So we don't want to enter in 1013.25 ...instead we want the results to be 1013.25 hPa. We know this is going to be a number near 1000.45 in the above example with 348 ft or 106 meter elevation. We know this because..

1013.25 - 12.8 = 1000.45.

So we start with that number into the formula.

The results show 1013.09 hPa. So we know we are a little short. Because we want the results to be 1013.25 hPa. By playing will the numbers and trial and error you easily then figure out that 100.61 hPa is what yields 1013.25 hPa for Sea Level Pressure.

So why is this method important? Because it is a bit more precise. If we now subtract 1013.25 - 1000.61 = 12.64 hPa.

This means that the better more precise offset between Absolute and Relative should be 12.64 hPa instead of 12.8 hPa that we got with the prior simpler method.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 03:31:29 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 08:03:14 AM »
I totally missed it that there is a better calculation link in the Keisan.casio.com website.

Better calculation for simpler results:
https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1224579725

This is the simplest method. The 1013.25 is already in the right place. All you need to do is enter your elevation in meters and you get the better pressure results for you to calculate your elevation offset.

1013.25 - 1000.61 = 12.64 hPa as the offset.

Tele-Pole

Offline SWX

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 07:53:37 PM »
I find my iPhone’s barometer to be decent enough when having to set/reset my 2902. My pressure readings are always exactly the same as the airport nearby.
Wunderground / PWS Weather
Ambient Weather WS-2902A
Ambient WeatherBridge
Ecowitt GW1000
Ecowitt WH31
Ecowitt WH41
Ecowitt WH51 x 2
Ecowitt WH57
Ecowitt WS68

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
I find my iPhone’s barometer to be decent enough when having to set/reset my 2902. My pressure readings are always exactly the same as the airport nearby.

Good tip. I also use my Android phone, but only as a secondary means of confirmation as it seems to be very close like only 0.1 or 0.2 hPa off or essentially right spot on if using inHg in with tenths accuracy. Using Samsung Galaxy S8. Since I calibrate more precise using hPA there is less of a chance that you are 0.01 inHg off every now and then as pressure changes.

As I don't think Android has any means to display the internal barometer in the OS, I use an app called GPS Status which reads the internal barometric sensor:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

Great app for finding true North also.

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm only at 30ft elevation. So Altimeter and Sea Level Pressure are often the same but when they differ it is only by 0.1 or 0.2 hPa. I calibrate to SLP for my console. For CWOP my Meteobridge does the proper calculation to send Altimeter there.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:48:23 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 01:09:00 PM »
That's interesting. How close is the airport to you? I have two airports reasonably close (10 miles(ish) to me and their readings often don't agree with each other.

Also, are you using "Altimeter" or "Sea Level"? In my area they are about 1/10" different.

I would have thought SLP would be correct but it appears the weather service is using "Altimeter".

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »
I did get it to connect and work for a few days earlier this month.  But now It has totally dropped WiFi as of 14 days ago.  The console will not even see my network now no mater what I do.  very frustrating little weather station.  Have been putting off the factory reset as I also have 3 indoor sensors and they were all calibrated too to match each other.  Takes a long time to set it all up.

I was working just after I did the SD card firmware up date.   And it was working fine before that,  but I did a wifi firmware update and that is when trouble started.

I sometimes see the wifi bars,  but it is not reporting but there is a very small exclamation point by the bars.  But now I am getting nothing.  When it scans it does not even see my network.   I have power cycled the net work.  going to power cycle the console and see what happens.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:58:19 AM by MrM1 »

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
It will see my Amazon Fire TV device ... but not my network router.   #-o

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »
What Wi-Fi access point are you using?
I had trouble with my console maintaining a connection to my Asus RT-87.
I got around this by adding a second AP using an old D-Link 655 that I had around. The 655 is nowhere as sophisticated as the ASUS and provides a basic Wi-Fi service just for the HP2551/WS2000 in my house.

I suspect there are problems in the console firmware dealing with automatic channels and 20/40 Mhz channel bonding. I tried all sorts of things in ASUS before trying the D-Link and bang once there the console has been solid.

If you don't have a second router lying around or can alter your existing router you could look at a cheap travel router perhaps as these might solve your problem?
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 09:25:57 AM »
Using a Motorola MG7315 8x4 Cable Modem Plus N450 Single Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with Power Boost.

Had no problem with WS-2000 since Oct 18 when ordered until after firmware update to 1.3.8

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
Isnt there a list of older firmware to download?  I would like to try an older firmware to see if that is the connection issue.  I think I recall seeing that somewhere here.

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 10:28:54 AM »
Well ... all the sudden,  Magically,  the console now sees my Network ... after over 14 days.

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 11:03:25 AM »
The power of positive thoughts!
If you have the option switch off 20/40Mhz channels and see if that helps.
Mine would see the Wi-Fi and connect but then drop out with the exclamation within the hour. Very frustrating.
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

anything