Author Topic: Atlas Display Problem  (Read 701 times)

Offline mikemaps

Atlas Display Problem
« on: February 15, 2019, 11:12:53 PM »
I've only had the Atlas for a little over one week. Last night I unplugged & moved the display. When I went to plug it in again, it came on with the Accurite screen, went to the weather screen for about 1/2 second & promptly went black. I tried it 4 or 5 times & did the same thing each time, even if I waited a couple of minutes. I then went to bed after unplugging it & when I got up this morning, I plugged it back in & it's been working fine ever since. Anyone have any theories on what might have happened?

Offline JudinNorman

Re: Atlas Display Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 01:38:02 AM »
The onboard processor needs about an hour to restart.

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 06:57:47 AM »
That surprises me, I know some electronics they suggest waiting 30 seconds before restarting, but 1 hour!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 08:08:48 AM »
JudinNorman was just being sarcastic. He has no idea what your problem is nor how to help. He owns a Davis VP2.

I suspect that the outlet you moved it to has no power. It might be an outlet that is controlled by a wall switch. So your console is going dark because it is running on battery. Test the outlet and your connections to the display.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:10:34 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 12:15:24 PM »
No, it was the same outlet & was working. Like I said it did turn on and displayed the Accurite screen & weather screen very briefly. In the morning it worked from the same outlet. It's working fine now, I was just curious as to why that would happen.

Offline karlzemlin

• The weather at my house
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 05:25:30 PM »
I bought an atlas recently. When I plugged my display in initially it might come up white, or pink, or black, or with stripes, or flickering.  Let it sit plugged in for about 30 minutes - cycle power and then it works OK.  Seemed to be a thermal thing - it needs to be warmed up.  I submitted a warranty claim and got it replaced.  The new display works fine.

anything