Author Topic: Davis Loop - offset 86 - Battery Status Transmitter  (Read 955 times)

Offline iisfaq

• Christchurch Weather Live
  • Senior Contributor
Davis Loop - offset 86 - Battery Status Transmitter
« on: February 03, 2018, 01:36:34 AM »
Does anyone know the description for offset 86 for the Loop Packet - Battery Status Transmitter

What does the value mean?

Mine is 0 and my data is all screwed which obviously means I need to replace the battery in the ISS.

But the serial protocol documentation - https://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/download/VantageSerialProtocolDocs_v261.pdf does not describe it.

Chris

Offline iisfaq

• Senior Contributor
Re: Davis Loop - offset 86 - Battery Status Transmitter
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:38:49 AM »
Well the value is still 0 but the main data being returned is now correct again. It is not night but the ISS Solar panel would not be getting any direct sun at the moment.

Odd?

Still like to know what the value is supposed to mean if anyone knows?

Chris

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:59:33 AM »
As I recall, that is a single byte, where each bit represents the status of each of the 8 possible wireless stations receivable by the console, and a 1 in the bit means the battery in that station is low. So 0 means all 8 stations are OK, 1 means station ID 1 battery is low, 2 means station 2 is low, 3 means stations 1 and 2 are low, etc.

Offline iisfaq

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »
Thanks for the detail - it makes sense.

Maybe I get interference sometimes from something - as my station seems to not report for a period of like 10 minutes or so and then it works again with no input from me. It does it very occasionally so not work worrying about but I thought it my have been the battery.

Cheers

Chris

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 06:28:18 PM »
In the interest of completeness and documentation, repeater battery statuses are hidden in one of the unused bytes of leaf wetnesses, offset 66. The serial doc says that it supports 4 sensors, but it only supports 2.

anything