Author Topic: Customizable Dashboard/Screen for Local PC  (Read 3196 times)

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Customizable Dashboard/Screen for Local PC
« on: January 01, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
I've looked at Easyweather and Cumulus and unless I'm missing something, they don't appear to be able to change what is displayed or how.  Or at least not easily for dummies.  VWS was OK to an extent, but I don't think it works with Fine Offset stations, or does it?

I was wondering about doing something with a spreadsheet program like those included in LibreOffice of OpenOffice.  I don't have the full Excel program.  I used to do some scripting and tasks in QuattroPro, but that was a long time ago and I've forgotten most of what I knew.

Easyweather creates a file called easyweather.dat that can be parsed and opened in the Office programs, but I don't know how to keep the most current data displayed automatically.  Once the data is there, I can use the Office spreadsheets to display the fields I want in font sizes and colors that can be read easier.  I can also do graphing and other displays and various calculations.

I'm really only looking for a local display, not something for uploading.  I can do that separately.

Or is there something else already out there that will read a Fine Offset station?

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Re: Customizable Dashboard/Screen for Local PC
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
Guess nobody knows.

Offline carson

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:34:35 AM »
QuattroPro!!! Wow that takes me back in time.  I once wrote a Lotus 123 knockoff in basic.  I am not spamming but try my GetGraphs here...

http://getmyrealtime.com

And let me know if you need some help or some software code tweeking.

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »
Didn't realize you'd found this thread.

anything