Author Topic: VirtualVP crashing  (Read 2215 times)

Offline 4wd

• Forecaster
    • North York Moors weather
VirtualVP crashing
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:35:51 AM »
I downloaded VirtualVP with the idea I might run weatherlink alongside WeatherDisplay and maybe Cumulus too as a I quite like some of the options there.
Got it running as a trial, and have all three weather softwares running from it, but VP closes down completely after a few minutes.
Computer doesn't seem to be struggling to cope with all three (it's XP pro and has 2GB of RAM, nothing else running)
VP seems worth buying but I'm reluctant if the crashing is going to continue.
I have the programs linked to it on TCP.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: VirtualVP crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
From my own experience, VVP is a very stable product. What version of Weatherlink are you running? There are some known problems with WL 5.9.1 and VVP. Search this forum for more information on WL 5.9.1 issues.

If you're not running WL 5.9.1 then I would suggest trying VVP with each program individually to see if one of those programs is causing some kind of problem.

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline 4wd

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
Yes it is 5.9 as that's needed for the Vue.
Maybe Cumulus and WD will run together, will try later.

Offline tinplate

• Forecaster
    • http://www.softwx.com/products.html
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 02:37:29 AM »
Try the latest version of WeatherLink, v. 5.9.2. I haven't tested it yet myself, but someone sent me an email today saying that the problems between VVP and WeatherLink 5.9.0 & 5.9.1 are no longer happening in 5.9.2.

Steve
SoftWx

Offline 4wd

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:23:27 PM »
Well I tried 5.9.2 and had all three running for maybe 10 minutes, then same thing happened, VVP closes down completely presumed crashed.
When restarted VVP connected to the Console immediately, but none of the software could link up through it, so more problems there...
Hopefully Weatherlink 5.9.2 will run connected direct to Vue console without losing the USB connection every few minutes

anything