Author Topic: Need ftp for weatherundergroun  (Read 4183 times)

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
Need ftp for weatherundergroun
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
I had to reset my foscam webcam and I'm trying to set it up again to send photos to weatherunderground but I'm not sure how to enter the ftp in the ftp server blank. Right now I have webcam.wunderground.com but that's not working. I thought the other time I had numbers in that spot. Thanks

Offline Central Maine Weather

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
Re: Need ftp for weatherundergroun
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:58:44 PM »
Nope, you have it right with webcam.wunderground.com, it's just that weather underground's webcam server seems to be down currently (has actually been for the past two days). My webcam image hasn't updated since yesterday morning. It's an issue many others on this forum are also aware of/have mentioned.
Central Maine Weather | Manchester, ME, USA
Davis Vantage Pro2 w/24hr FARS & WeatherLink Live
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55
My YouTube Channel = https://www.youtube.com/@OffTrailMaine

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:09:12 PM »
THANK YOU!!! I will stop beating my head against the wall. I was having trouble this morning getting the webpage to load until I posted on facebook and a few minutes later that was working. Guess I'll post about the web cams.

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
Absolutely! I was in the same boat yesterday until I saw others on this forum commenting on the same issue. Guess it's a wait and see game from here on until they get whatever is not working on their end fixed, hopefully soon!

Best of luck!
   - Matt
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55

Offline marklyn

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
Thanks for letting us know this, I too have been beating my head against the wall.
It's a shame they can't put out a message about this nor do they respond to email support questions about it.

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »
I couldn't agree more! I really wish they would let us know what's going on and when to expect it to be resolved.
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »
I tried again this morning after I saw some webcams that weren't there yesterday but I kept getting the same error message so I went back to those webcams and they are old shots. Apparently WU just added them in to make us feel good. Good day everyone!

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:56:14 AM »
I noticed the same story with my Bloomsky camera.  I have "no webcam available".  It was there just a couple of days ago.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 02:41:16 PM »
Looks like they have them up and running again. Does anyone see anything wrong in my settings here? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 03:24:34 PM »
I should be back up and on the map again. Finally got it.

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »
I'm not a programmer but I think WU is really messed up right now. When I bring up WU in Edge or Chrome the current temps or forecast load up. Do you suppose that is what happens when you go out and buy the Weather Channel and own the market? Not very good quality.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »
I am in the same problem as you are, same camera.    when I travel, I shut my computer down because if a power failure, the ups drains and shuts down the computer, then nothing happens.  I have my site updating with Davis Weatherlink and thatway,   all I have to do is keep my router/modem on the battery backup. 

So  I would like to be able to have the webcam work independently.   It is plugged into the outlet, so if the power goes down then comes back on, it resets it self with themodem.  Anyway, in the meantime,  I would want to send images as you are.

With the foscam, i thought I could send the image via IP address to my ISP. but foscam sends not just one name, but as suggested webcam.jpg plus every date and second with that.   It used to, way back,  be able to send a single file that over wrote the previous file and no problems, but now  I have this issue as you did.

Ihave tried every IP address and the camera simply won't attach the server with weather underground.  Certainly I am assuming someone  must have a similar camera that needs an ftp IP address to make this work.   

Out of Curiosity, does anyone  do it this way, upload directly from the camera and if so, what camera brand?

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »
Wow! What is so wrong at weatherunderground. This supposed to be the go to place for weather and they are totally messed up. Weather stations don't load properly and the webcams are old dates and times. What kind of an operation has this turned into?

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
LOL....Yes it's frustrating just glad I don't rely on them. I feel for everyone that does however. Someone posted they were in process of changing servers so maybe it will get better cross fingers.
Randy

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »
Looks like they have them up and running again. Does anyone see anything wrong in my settings here?...

I would tick the "Enable set filename" box and use the recommended "image.jpg".  The time/date/serialized images might mess up the Wunderground image processing.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
Looks like they have them up and running again. Does anyone see anything wrong in my settings here?...

I would tick the "Enable set filename" box and use the recommended "image.jpg".  The time/date/serialized images might mess up the Wunderground image processing.

I made the change and we'll see what happens.

Offline WeatherNC

Re: Need ftp - WU is Down
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 11:02:11 PM »
Looks like they are doing some serious maintenance on the site. My cam has been down 48 hrs.  Station was reporting firm, went down for a few hrs today then came back up. Cams are still down.  Just wish they would send a heads up email or respond to questions.  Got us by the nads..

Offline Stratocaster

• WU Station ID INEWPROV18
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
Captgadget, you need to have ftp:// before webcam.wunderground.com.

Here is mine, and it's working.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Mike
WU Station ID INEWPROV18
Nassau, Bahamas

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 09:42:57 AM »
i said this yesterday on the CWOP email group.

Even though you may be uploading data to WU, you are still getting a free service, so you are basically getting what you pay for. If you want stability and reliability you need to host your own data and webcam. WU has NEVER been known for stability and after all this time, it apparently is not going to change.

WU is not a substitute for your own website.

anything