Author Topic: Weather Underground Issues and Bug Tracking - Check here before posting  (Read 18524 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Did I see some other posters saying about the "Data Updated" time does not update with Rapid Fire frequency?

Mine just stays at 1 minute.

Yes I've read of others reporting this issue. But it only happens to WiFiLogger users. So it is not a WU issue.
It works on the old site, so they broke it.

Or maybe the new site is streamlined to perform better and faster by only refreshing Rapidfire every 5 seconds. The WiFiLogger by default uploads at 2 or 3 seconds. Try changing your upload frequency to 5 seconds as that is what I have on my Meteobridge and it works fine. Regradless if it only happens to WiFiLogger...then it only seems logical that it's doing something different than everything else and the WiFiLogger needs to adapt to the new supported API. The WiFiLogger is the youngest device and perhaps it still needs to iron out kinks. If I were a WiFiLogger owner I'd be requesting from the developer to fix it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:05:22 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Tried the longer frequency. No joy. Not a dealbreaker.

Offline mdv

Re: Weather Underground Issue and Bug Tracking
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2019, 07:18:46 PM »

I sort of see you point here.

Can we meet halfway?

Despite the current conditions information for nearby sites being obscurely located behind the "Change" hyperlink on the PWS Forecast page, I note some improved changes to the associated map display.

As I wished, the nearby station map and the adjacent list of PWS stations is now integrated such that hovering on a PWS icon highlights the associated station in the list, and vice versa.  [tup] [This indicates that depite all the negative user feedback, the WU team continues to tweak the new site  [tup] [tup]]

Having said that, the issue re the data in the detailed current conditions table at the bottom of the page (as recorded in the Trello board) remains.

I also note the nearby station detailed current conditions table at the bottom of the forecast page by default includes an international airport (presumably supposed to be the closest one), even when the maps are zoomed such that only 1 PWS site shows.

Nothing against having this feature, but I did notice that the WU programming logic that determines which international airport should be listed, appears flawed. For example, I selected a PWS site in outback Australia and Sydney International airport was shown as the chosen nearby international airport, even though it was over 1,000km away, and Brisbane International airport was much closer (at about 400km away).

Curious as to whether the same behaviour with international airport listing happens with US PWS sites.

PS. As an interesting sidenote, the temperatures displayed in the list (adjacent to the nearby stations map) shows temperatures not only correctly in terms of metric/imperial values (unlike the detailed table at the bottom of the page), but also displays temperature values with 2 decimal places.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:47:47 PM by mdv »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Yep I'm seeing the nearby airport issue too. This is a new issue as it was properly showing the correct nearby airports just this past week. Let's give this one some time and see if it is just a temporary database update issue as they work on things.
Tele-Pole

Offline Bill714

• Contributor
    • Fall River Weather
The visible satellite, see here:  http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/ne_vi_anim.gif  Has not been updated from feb 18 

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
The visible satellite, see here:  http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/ne_vi_anim.gif  Has not been updated from feb 18

The images have moved / been merged with the Intellicast images.

Images are here: https://www.wunderground.com/maps/satellite/regional-visible

New England: https://s.w-x.co/staticmaps/wu/wu/satvs1200_cur/ushfd/animate.png
https://lexmaweather.info
On Mastodon: @LexMAWeather@toot.community

Offline Notsorusty

• Senior Contributor
Local Airports?

As of this evening when selecting any of my saved WU "Favorites" I am taken to an Airport station instead of the local PWS that I have bookmarked, including my personal home station. Anybody else seeing that problem?

The elevation of O'Hare Airport is also listed at sea level. The airport is 10 miles from my home which is at 633 ft., quite a downhill run to the airport!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Station Name: Silver Creek II
Latitude / Longitude: 41.925° N, -87.872° W
Elevation: 633
City: Franklin Park
State: IL
Hardware: Ambient Weather WS-2902D

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
Same on mine .  You can change it but it goes right back.  Shows air port 80 miles from me. 
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
"Favorites" have been laughably useless since the last site "improvement" in 2017.  At least they seem to have swatted the bug that would save 50 of the same station as a "favorite" and then you couldn't delete them.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
All in all just another brick in the wall
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
All in all just another brick in the wall

Or “Thumb In The Dyke”. Problem is, WU tech team ran out of thumbs months/years ago  :???: :???:

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Yep I'm seeing the nearby airport issue too. This is a new issue as it was properly showing the correct nearby airports just this past week. Let's give this one some time and see if it is just a temporary database update issue as they work on things.

Airport issue is fixed. For my location at least. Anyone else?
Tele-Pole

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
While the "NEARBY WEATHER STATIONS" have returned to the forecast page, they appear to be listed in descending order, furthest away to nearest. In addition, many of my neighborhood stations are not listed, and in fact the station listed on the top of the group (happens to be an airport) is nearly 150 miles away. Perhaps it's due to truncating decimal places in the Lat/Lon values?

AND...if you do happen to click on the link to the airport 150 miles away you will receive a Brutus Is Bashing His Pitiful Brains Out image:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:32:08 AM by rormeister »

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Mine does the same thing.

Wanna hear something funny?  I'm approximately halfway between O'Hare and Midway airports in Chicagoland...literally right in the middle 10 miles to either.  So where does WU think the "nearest" airport is?  Rockford, 70 miles away or sometimes Burlington, WI 64 miles away.

It is not a sorting problem; the second station on the list is two blocks from me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:16:30 AM by WSWeather »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster

Airport issue is fixed. For my location at least. Anyone else?

I jinxed it. Now it is not working again.  ](*,)

This issue now in the tracking system:
https://trello.com/c/A6nlH8r2
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Mine does the same thing.

Wanna hear something funny?  I'm approximately halfway between O'Hare and Midway airports in Chicagoland...literally right in the middle 10 miles to either.  So where does WU think the "nearest" airport is?  Rockford, 70 miles away or sometimes Burlington, WI 64 miles away.

It is not a sorting problem; the second station on the list is two blocks from me.

I agree it doesn't seem like a sorting problem. Rather a lack of sorting altogether. I have the same situation as you. I'm also in between two airports KFSB (Sanford International) 7 miles away and KMCO (Orlando International) 18 miles away and it puts the "nearest" to me as KDAB (Daytona Beach International) 37 miles away.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Update: Chat Box added to Trello board

This Chat Box is for general purpose use. It is probably irrelevant as this forum is probably a better tool to use for chatting. But just in case people stumble on the Trello board from a Google search or something they can ask questions or post something that may not fall into the other "Request" categories.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:07:40 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
Davis VP2 system, using Cumulus to push out data.

1. I still don't seem to have rain rate working real time.  If 10-fifteen minutes go by I may see something that appears historical compared to the actual console.
2. Historical data from earlier in the year is hosed, at least for temperatures. I have lows going to -21, not a Maryland thing...
3. Radar time behind current "now" varies.  Sometimes 15 minutes ,sometimes 5.

Observations for the week.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Davis VP2 system, using Cumulus to push out data.

1. I still don't seem to have rain rate working real time.  If 10-fifteen minutes go by I may see something that appears historical compared to the actual console.
This issue is already documented in Trello. It has to do with the fact that rain rate is rounding and not showing enough significant digits:
https://trello.com/c/0eMhXm4J

2. Historical data from earlier in the year is hosed, at least for temperatures. I have lows going to -21, not a Maryland thing...
This could be station malfunction and uploading of bad data. I've not seen others report this issue. If you find others with this problem and somehow convey that it is a WU issue and not a hardware issue then it can be added to Trello issue board. Perhaps show example of your station and others with this issue. That said there is an entry for Summary issues and bringing back yearly data.
https://trello.com/c/MoS7GYu0

3. Radar time behind current "now" varies.  Sometimes 15 minutes ,sometimes 5.
Thank you....Added https://trello.com/c/AG2QlrrK
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:44:14 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
This could be station malfunction and uploading of bad data. I've not seen others report this issue. If you find others with this problem and somehow convey that it is a WU issue and not a hardware issue then it can be added to Trello issue board. Perhaps show example of your station and others with this issue. That said their is an entry for Summary issues and bringing back yearly data.
https://trello.com/c/MoS7GYu0
[/quote]

I checked this yesterday and the data now seems corrected.  Please ignore #2.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
Wonder what they fixed that broke the page in Opera.  The page starts to load normally until it switched to the "logged in" mode.  Then, all I get is a page of gray boxes with absolutely no data displayed in any of them.  It does still load properly in Sludge (Edge) though so it has to be related to Chromium somehow.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Wonder what they fixed that broke the page in Opera.  The page starts to load normally until it switched to the "logged in" mode.  Then, all I get is a page of gray boxes with absolutely no data displayed in any of them.  It does still load properly in Sludge (Edge) though so it has to be related to Chromium somehow.
:shock: :shock: :shock: So I tried out Sludge(aka Edge) and didn't experience your issue. HOWEVER, to my complete and utter surprise, my camera has miraculously come back from the webcam graveyard.  Go figure. I should be happy, but the square format for the cam image on the dashboard cuts off all the goodies I print on the image. Baby steps...baby steps.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
I just installed Opera 60.0.3255.165 on my test Windows 10 system. No problems with latest version of Opera. I did also login to my WU account.
I also ran Chromium 77.0.3835.0 for Windows and no issues there either after login in to WU account.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:02:42 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
Thanks for the comments, guys.  Could be my machine/config.  I'll dig further.

Edit - I cleared the history in Opera and that seemed to clear the problem.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:31:51 PM by awsum140 »
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.