Author Topic: Meteobridge Nano(SD) hidden gem...  (Read 2825 times)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
Meteobridge Nano(SD) hidden gem...
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
Boris at smartbedded aka meteobridge just made this little piece of technology even better ..forward thinking man he is

You now can create and display/create your own charts from the internal data recorded using the hidden microSD slot

there are some informative videos and further information here https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Meteobridge_NANO_SD
and I hope to in the near future create a dedicated template version just for the NanoSD so no more mysql for those unfamiliar with the setup of mysql.

more discussion here https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13258

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:13:07 AM by weather34 »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Meteobridge Nano(SD) hidden gem...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:06:05 AM »
That is pretty cool!  I especially like that export can be done without swapping cards.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:27:03 AM »
That is pretty cool!  I especially like that export can be done without swapping cards.
Yes, you can mount the Nano-disk as a standard share on a PC/Mac/Linux.
Just as we can with the MB-Pro and Meteohub.
Vary handy to update scripts and template files also.

Wim

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »
love the idea fit and forget with full access to all your historic data do what you want with it ,as I said the hidden gem the microSD card slot sure does open up the options .

not sure my Davis will last 20 years but good to know the Nano has a sure safe capility of when "equipped with 2 GB the NANO SD can hold about 20 years of data".

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 11:18:13 AM »
That looks cool. I had thought of moving to one of these devices when they first came out, though not sure on migrating the Cumulus Data is possible I guess.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »
Boris has another winner.

SD card on the way.

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 04:13:04 AM »
Finally upgraded to the NanoSD today was a bit cautious but the reality is it couldnt get any easier .it is worth noting that it is worth taking a screen dump of your live data screen prior to ugrading a NANO to the NanoSD version you will have a quick reference record of max min for existing year etc as the new NANOSD uses a different screen I believe previously only seen in Meteobridge Pro version (correct me if I am wrong on that). other than that now 2GB of memory to exploit for use of historical data .. brian

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 04:39:17 AM »
Brian, I'm definitely considering this very soon.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 04:52:50 AM »
hello Simon

i lost your email (off topic i updated cumulus template but new Cumulus forum very slow and tedious here in istanbul)

as for Nano it is a rather unique alternative to the bulky dated solution from Davis once fitted you wouldnt know its there and you can buy the standard Nano and upgrade very easily to NanoSD at anytime .I was a bit cautious but it really is fit and forget and to upgrade you just slot it in and voila .
It has all the features the weather enthusiast has become accustom to in the past and not trying to sound like a salesman it really does everything you need in terms of viewing /collecting/storing data.he is continuously improving it and he is toying with the idea of storing the template as an option I do for meteobridge internally, has the extra memory is there to capitilize on . I plan on exploiting the internal historical data outputs in the new year for chart display and rid the end user of the fear setting up mysql .. so the future is bright :-) ...brian
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:54:54 AM by weather34 »

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 08:06:22 AM »
Finally upgraded to the NanoSD today was a bit cautious but the reality is it couldnt get any easier .it is worth noting that it is worth taking a screen dump of your live data screen prior to ugrading a NANO to the NanoSD version you will have a quick reference record of max min for existing year etc as the new NANOSD uses a different screen I believe previously only seen in Meteobridge Pro version (correct me if I am wrong on that). other than that now 2GB of memory to exploit for use of historical data .. brian

Brian,

I have received my SD card, but have not installed it, yet. I had to manually replace some of my Month/Year data on the history screen when I switched from the MeteoStick to the Nano. Hopefully that will not be the case with the Nano SD. Glad to hear that your upgrade went well.

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 02:51:31 AM »

Brian,

I have received my SD card, but have not installed it, yet. I had to manually replace some of my Month/Year data on the history screen when I switched from the MeteoStick to the Nano. Hopefully that will not be the case with the Nano SD. Glad to hear that your upgrade went well.

Chuck

Hello you will have to re add in that data but I just took a screen dump of previous NANO screen prior to upgrading and took about 10 minutes to add them back in ,i think the reason is you actually perform a firmware rom upgrade as opposed to firmware software releases you see boris frequently release. so hence the loss of history .but nonetheless certainly worthwhile upgrading and going forward Im sure you will reap the benefit..brian

Offline stewart45

• Contributor
    • Newlands Weather Station
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »
Just upgraded my consul to the Nano standard, not sure if I need the SD card have a large mysql database of records on my webhost, unless there is a way of porting the data onto the card, on another note now that my Consul is free to be moved around unhindered by cables anyone know how long the consul will run on batteries only with the Nano on

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 10:37:40 AM »
You will need a power supply. Batteries will just do a few days.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline stewart45

• Contributor
    • Newlands Weather Station
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 11:03:13 AM »
thanks, great little addition to the family

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 09:49:48 AM »

Brian,

Chuck

Hello you will have to re add in that data but I just took a screen dump of previous NANO screen prior to upgrading and took about 10 minutes to add them back in ,i think the reason is you actually perform a firmware rom upgrade as opposed to firmware software releases you see boris frequently release. so hence the loss of history .but nonetheless certainly worthwhile upgrading and going forward Im sure you will reap the benefit..brian

Brian,

I am curious if you found a way to capture all of the Max/Min timestamps. I can replace the raw data manually, but preserving the timestamps is an issue.

Chuck

anything