Author Topic: Interesting console thing  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Interesting console thing
« on: October 15, 2017, 02:39:45 PM »
Yesterday we have well over an inch of rain.   I looked over at the console and it only listed 0.08 inches.  SO I went to the kitchen where I have a console and it said 1.14 inches.  then I polled my envoy (I have 2)  and they were 1.14.

The console in question is hooked via WeatherlinkIP to my website .  So I did an manual entry of the correct daily total and it  continued to update.  Today I checked the console for high and low values for the year, incase for some reason the console  dumped itself and reset and everything is there.

Had all units been the same, Definitely I would have been out at the iSS to check for crud, a broken reed switch,etc. but it seems for some reason this console was sleeping on the data.    Weird....

It isn't the logger.  If it does it again, I will swap out the kitchen console, or connect another Envoy up. 

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: Interesting console thing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 02:43:52 PM »
Is the time set accurately on all the consoles? I've seen this on my two VP2 consoles when the clock on the "offline" unit had drifted. When it is raining over midnight they start counting at different times...
Mark

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 03:46:49 PM »
Is the time set accurately on all the consoles? I've seen this on my two VP2 consoles when the clock on the "offline" unit had drifted. When it is raining over midnight they start counting at different times...
yes it is.

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 06:39:14 PM »
Having had a similar experience recently, I'm gonna reiterate what mcrossley asked... about the clocks being set correctly. My problem was one console was set to the correct time, but 12 hours off. So, for half the day it showed the correct date. And those AM/PM indicators on the screen are pretty small...

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »
Having had a similar experience recently, I'm gonna reiterate what mcrossley asked... about the clocks being set correctly. My problem was one console was set to the correct time, but 12 hours off. So, for half the day it showed the correct date. And those AM/PM indicators on the screen are pretty small...
once again, the time is fine, right on, correct time zone etc.

anything