Author Topic: Sharx HD Cameras  (Read 6148 times)

Offline shimon

Re: Sharx HD Cameras
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »
Good info, I don't need the extra bandwidth either nor the alarms. I can only stream at 720, 35 fps or so requires 4Mbps upload speed and i only have 7 on a good day.

You can have settings for three different streams (Pri/Sec/Mobile) and use lower quality settings as necessary.  What I like about the Sharx is the software...very customizable with lots of options.  I also have a Foscam FI9804P which has crappy software.  The software (or firmware) makes a big difference.  Best camera in the world is useless with crappy software.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 09:11:06 PM »
Couldn't find the Sharx 3905 so ordered the TriVision NC-336PW. Same camera different software. These cameras are P67 rated so fully waterproof. Look foreword to having a mic so if I get it on Youtube with Iptimelapse I'll post link on forum.
Randy

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 10:35:54 PM »
I tried a Sharx cam and didn't care for it at all.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
Well changed my mind, I'm going to stick with the Hikvisions. Having 7 currently I'm very versed how they operate and perform. I wanted a camera with mic needed for streaming directly to YouTube account. After doing some research found these dome cameras with build in mic DS-2CD2542FWD-IS 4mm. I wanted the 4 mm lens better for weather image vs the fish-eye look with 2.8. Also opted for the wall mount for easier installation.

Randy

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 11:01:37 AM »
Hey Joe, did you upgrade to AVG Internet Security recently?  I did and as soon as it was installed, I was no longer able to see my webcams on my website.  I still have not gotten it solved.  Just an idea as to why no one but you can see your cams.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
Mark,
No, i did not. Sorry for the slow reply, been out of town.

I do have my new Sharx HTNC4404M on there. It's "Facing SW", The Birdcam is a 3905 and East is a Hikevision. My other Ultra HD Sharx is being used for security along with another 3905. I am using Netcam Studio for all of them now that Netcam has the "ONIVF" on there newest release. Really works great and I really like my Sharx cameras.

Joe
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:16:05 PM by Jumpin Joe »
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
Well changed my mind, I'm going to stick with the Hikvisions. Having 7 currently I'm very versed how they operate and perform. I wanted a camera with mic needed for streaming directly to YouTube account. After doing some research found these dome cameras with build in mic DS-2CD2542FWD-IS 4mm. I wanted the 4 mm lens better for weather image vs the fish-eye look with 2.8. Also opted for the wall mount for easier installation.

Nice Randy.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera