Author Topic: NEW: Meteobridge can share a connected Vantage with another program  (Read 58261 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: NEW: Meteobridge can share a connected Vantage with another program
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2015, 01:18:29 PM »
Great! Enjoy your new station!

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »
Beer is good.  :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2015, 04:49:51 PM »
Just a update
I go my working also. Now time to see if I can get it to work the way I want before the time on it expires  :-)

Anthony

Offline kobuki

• Forecaster

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2015, 07:04:39 PM »
Just a update
I go my working also. Now time to see if I can get it to work the way I want before the time on it expires  :-)

We are here to help.  I am playing with alarm emails right now.  The MB is 600 kms away.  :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2015, 10:11:06 PM »
Maybe this is a no brainer... but can you use this new function to feed the Virtual VP program if you wanted?

Why yes, SpartanWX, it is a no brainer.  And it feeds VirtualVP just fine. 

Offline IbanezGuiness

« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2016, 09:49:53 PM »
Hello everyone, new member and new owner of a used Davis VantageVue station with the meteobridge and usb data logger. I have the setup working and uploading data to weather underground. I'm also able to connect one software program at a time via the IP address. Am I correct in understanding that if I update the firmware (is that right?) on the meteobridge that I would be able to continue to upload to weather underground and connect say two different computers at the same time to see the weather data?

Also at the beginning of this thread there was mention of using a computer to connect several devices at one time, I would be very interested in how to do this if it is still possible.

Thanks!

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »
Easiest and cheapest option
http://www.smartbedded.com/wiki/index.php/Meteostick

Not really since no one in the US has it in stock.

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2019, 04:33:51 PM »
Maybe this is a no brainer... but can you use this new function to feed the Virtual VP program if you wanted?

Why yes, SpartanWX, it is a no brainer.  And it feeds VirtualVP just fine.

You could feed lots of PC software doing it that way.

Offline hamoper

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »
I have the WeatherLink #6540 which is a serial data Logger. Could I set up a meteobridge to work with the weather display software. This particular Davis WeatherLink software/data Logger is for a special APRS amateur radio application/TNC. I have seen a lot of talk about a usb hub for use with the meteobridge so I just want to be clear that the meteobridge could work for me.... #-o

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2019, 10:10:25 PM »
Yes, but you'll need to convert the serial connection of your logger to USB via a serial to USB adapter. This adapter needs to have the Prolific pl2302 chipset or the FTDI chipset. You'll likely also need a powered USB 2.0 hub if the serial to USB adapter is not a USB 1.1 device. Unless you use one of the newer Meteobridge hardware that has a USB 2.0 port already built in. Be sure to set logger to 19200 baud.

Or you could just get a WeatherLink Live. Both the Meteobridge and Weather-Display will see this device on the network and both talk to it at the same time. Yes this is a more costly solution for those that have already invested in an existing logger. But it is a less cluttered setup and it frees your console to just be a viewing device with only a power connection coming from it. The WeatherLink Live and the Meteobridge can be out of sight, leaving just the console out in sight.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:17:58 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole