Author Topic: Registration?  (Read 4276 times)

Offline MaxHawkins

• Max Hawkins
Registration?
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:47:44 PM »
Hi all,

I paid for VirtualVP on Saturday but have heard nothing since, no serial key in my email at all. I sent an email to the support contact listed on the SoftWX website but still haven't heard anything.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Max
Davis Vantage Vue - Cumulus - Weather Underground ICARMART10

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Registration?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »
Let's see  - that was the weekend and Monday was a holiday.  I think you need to hang in there.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline MaxHawkins

• Max Hawkins
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:27:46 PM »
Let's see  - that was the weekend and Monday was a holiday.  I think you need to hang in there.

Monday was a holiday? That might explain it! Being based in the UK I wasn't aware of this.

Ta  :-)
Davis Vantage Vue - Cumulus - Weather Underground ICARMART10

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »

Monday was a holiday? That might explain it! Being based in the UK I wasn't aware of this.

Ta  :-)

Monday was a holiday ??? So nice the university let us have the day off....NOT !!! LOL. I have been software shopping for enterprise level software for one of our departments. One company told me sales was closed due to the holiday and one company's support line answered the sales line and said they were closed for the holiday....and support was by on-call paging only...????? Are you freaking kidding me ??? Support closed on Presidents Day ??? Those two companies got a red line marked through their name in my contact list...LOL.

Offline Hhabilis

• Grebo
    • Daylesford Station on Weather Underground
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »
It looks like you sent your $$$ after he went out of business.
  :?: How did you pay for the program when the registration link was disabled :?:
This is the note he put up on his website in 2010:

"Because of demands on my time related to health issues of a family member, I am temporarily removing StartWatch and VirtualVP from being available for download, and removing the registration pay buttons. If you are already running a trial of either program, send me an email at support@softwx.com at least a week before the trial expires and I will arrange for you to be able to continue using the program(s). If you are a registered user and need the install file to re-install, send me an email at the same address and I will email you the file(s)."

It looks like "temporarily" has become forever.
Davis VP2+
WU: KPABERWY3  CWOP: EW0301
software: VWS

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 08:51:16 AM »
I know that Steve worked very hard on his programs and would continue to support them if he could.  He apparently has a very serious situation in his life now and I wish him and his family the very best. 

- Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends