Author Topic: Leaky Batteries  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Datastorm

Re: Leaky Batteries
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »
Hello

Okay for some reason alot of this thread got way off topic, not sure what caving batteries have to do with my issue.... There still hasn't been any real concrete solution for these batteries corroding/leaking. In fact I had to do a firmware update on my upstairs console to get rid of that stupid low battery transmitter message. Yes I replaced the battery out in the station itself. That fixed that issue but when I took the cover off to plug in the data logger, lo and behold another battery showed corrosion on it....

And also this link that you provided:  http://forum.nrgsystems.com/forums/p/221/365.aspx I read through all of that and these batteries follow the recommedations there exactly. There not mixed, there new, temp is constant, no damage to the batteries, etc..

I e-mailed Davis about it today and see what they have to say. I guess I should have done that in the first place but assumed there was a Davis tech/mod answering some of these questions on here...I assumed wrong as usual.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:09:08 PM by Datastorm »

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »

I have batteries in both for backup when the power goes off, which it does frequently out here. I've been running into issues with the c batteries leaking after awhile and corroding up the battery contacts of the station. I've tried two different brands now energizer and duracell and they both do it.

Just to verify:

1.  You are purchasing batteries from a retail store?  (Not for instance on eBay, from china, etc.).

2.  You are using official Davis AC power adapters?

Offline Datastorm

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

I have batteries in both for backup when the power goes off, which it does frequently out here. I've been running into issues with the c batteries leaking after awhile and corroding up the battery contacts of the station. I've tried two different brands now energizer and duracell and they both do it.

Just to verify:

1.  You are purchasing batteries from a retail store?  (Not for instance on eBay, from china, etc.).

2.  You are using official Davis AC power adapters?

Yes, the batteries are from a retail store, out of the same package. And yes am using the AC power adaptors that came with both consoles.