Author Topic: Manual Data Upload using WUHU  (Read 2248 times)

Offline ryanfalke

Manual Data Upload using WUHU
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
Hello all.  I have a question.  I run my weather server 24/7 and upload everything to WU with Weather Underground / HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU).  And everything is working great.  However, I'm sorry if this is a super basic question and I just can't figure it out, the power went out and my server didn't upload any information for about 6 hours.  So there is a big hole of data sometime in July on WU.  The good thing is that my main receiver unit for the PWS saves all the information for a few days and when it resyncs to WUHU it dumps it in the data file it uses to upload to WU.  So I have complete data but it is not that way on WU.  The problem is that WUHU doesn't upload old data, from what I can tell.  It only looks at the data file and uploads the most recent information.  So my question is:  Is there any way to manually upload the missing data to WU?  It doesn't have to be through WUHU, just any way would be great (as long as it doesn't cost me money  :grin:).  I hope this is not too confusing.  Thanks for your help. 

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: Manual Data Upload using WUHU
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »
Yes using WL go to the menu bar and click on File - Weatherunderground Settings...  From there set the beginning and ending date and time to cover the "hole" in your data.  Then click on upload observations and the "hole" should be filled.

Be aware it can take some length of time for your data to show, and there are some holes you just cannot fill due to issues with WU.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:28:41 PM by kaymann »

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
Re: Manual Data Upload using WUHU
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »

WUHU will upload your data and it is not lost. Why it might not appear on the charts, I am not sure. I have seen situations where the data is update but the chart data is never refreshed. Check the tabular data link on your history page on the data the the gap is seen on the charts to see if they did indeed receive the data.

anything