Author Topic: Davis Vantage Pro2 Not Transmitting Data Via Ambient Weather Nano SD  (Read 1000 times)

Offline J-rod26

Hello – I am currently having issues with what seems to be the Davis Vantage Pro2 not transmitting data through our Ambient Weather Nano SD. The setup went smoothly using the instruction manual and the Nano LED light remains constant. The Davis console shows current sensor readings, so I am sure the sensors and console are working properly. When I log onto the Meteobridge interface it shows no internet access. It does show to be successfully talking to Weather Underground, but no data is displayed there either. I have rebooted with no luck. I have pasted the system logs I am getting. Any ideas what our issue could be? I should also note, everything was working well using the Ambient Weather WEATHERBRIDGE Universal WIFI IP Ethernet Server. These issues did not begin until switching to the Nano. Thanks!

Offline J-rod26

Re: Davis Vantage Pro2 Not Transmitting Data Via Ambient Weather Nano SD
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:25:02 AM »
UPDATE - I ran a speed test on the fiber optic internet where the station is housed and determined the speed was terrible (12 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up). I am following up with the internet provider to figure out why the fiber optic internet is so slow. I reconnected to my mobile hot spot (65 Mbps down, 25 Mbps up) and the no internet access on the WAN IP issue went away. However, it is still not sending data to the interface or Weather Underground. All sensor data is properly displayed on the Davis console. Any ideas?

Offline GHammer

• Senior Contributor
    • Woodmar Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 12:53:25 PM »
Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Nano.
Double check the setup.
Factory reset and set it up again.

Finally, contact Ambient.
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24hr FARS, WLL

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »
Do you have any data coming into the NANO from the console when you click on the RAW SENSOR DATA tab shown in your second photo?

The log file looks as though the NANO is failing to receive anything from the console.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 04:16:14 PM by Weather Spares »
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 09:41:17 AM »
Looking into this a little further, it is most likely that you have the console Serial Baud Rate in the setup set to a value other than 19200.

Enter the Davis console setup and on the last page this needs to be set to that value for the NANO to correctly communicate with the console.
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.