Author Topic: Posting To Facebook  (Read 443 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Posting To Facebook
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:59:14 PM »
I have used WxMessage software for many years to send realtime warning,watch and other products to Facebook.
Working in conjunction with NOAA Weather Wire it did great,,,,,until Facebook decided to throw a wrench in the works!

Just curious to know if there have been any alternative means of doing what I was doing by using a program like Wx Message of similar means.

My Facebook posts seemed to be one of the high points for me and one that was totally automated and required very little intervention from me.

Thanks for any suggestions

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Posting To Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:53:12 PM »
This https://developers.facebook.com/docs/javascript or kludgey workarounds.  That is all folks!
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
TTTTThanks  :-)  As Porky Pig Have Said  :-P

I'll give that a look and see what I can do to make something work....hopefully

Thanks again!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 10:33:20 PM »
FB's crackdown was the result of it being a conduit for the troll factories.  Frankly, alerts and the like are better sent as SMS or emails.  Both of which are easy to do and not controlled.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 10:37:23 PM »
I started doing things that way by email but the latency was so bad it was sometimes up an hour delay. Easier that way though!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

anything