Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184283 times)

Offline cowilliams

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #975 on: October 10, 2018, 03:59:40 PM »
Haha, galfert :lol:!  I actually thought about a different device this time, but couldn't push myself over the edge!  I'll hang in there until they fix it, just thought maybe someone had an answer.

Offline JohnN

• Forecaster
    • Monmouth County Weather
« Reply #976 on: October 10, 2018, 10:54:52 PM »
I'll add on to complaints about the search function. This thread is 40+ pages long, which is too much for me to go back and read everything, so I'm not sure if these specific complaints have already been posted. I know you used to be able to search for airports and Wunderground IDs. This still works on the app, but not on the website. Also, when I search for Howell, NJ I am redirected to Howell, GA. If I search for Lakewood, NJ I am redirected to Lakewood CA.
www.monmouthcountyweather.comUK Met Office: 45560463
Twitter: @John_N_WxCoCoRaHS: NJ-MN-64
CWOP: E1682Davis Vantage Vue, Pro2Plus w/24 hr FARS, Ambient Weather WS-1000
PWS/WFY: SOUTHARDNJCumulusMX
Wunderground: KNJHOWEL11
                       KNJHOWEL15
LiveATC: KWRI/KNEL/New York Center
             KMJX/KBLM/3N6/N12

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #977 on: October 11, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »
PWS id search should be coming back soon.
I'll make sure the folks implementing search know that you would like airport search back

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #978 on: October 11, 2018, 05:18:14 PM »
PWS id search should be coming back soon.
I'll make sure the folks implementing search know that you would like airport search back

Would that include MADIS stations that have not been showing up in months?
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline jpage

Re: WunderMap not working for several days
« Reply #979 on: October 12, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »
The WunderMap loads with a blank, light blue screen with all my Windows laptops and desktops.  The navigation/menu panel on the right loads fine. (running Chrome on Windows 7 at the moment, but same on Windows 10).  Interestingly, I've seen this several times on the Storm Android app, where a light blue background screen loads with no map, radar, etc showing.

Mine's been like that since June 18, was showing Missing Mapbox error, the error notice is gone but still just blue screen, identical PC hooked up right next to it has Wundermap working fine, and I have tried every fix or workaround, no joy.

My Wundermap came back last night, thanks to those on the inside that had been working on this.

Offline TxDm93

« Reply #980 on: October 13, 2018, 12:23:22 AM »
My PWS is still broken, it worked like 2 days now its been broken for 4 days again.  I even tried uploading from Weatherlink.com to make sure it wasn't my PC, still shows my station offline...

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #981 on: October 13, 2018, 11:57:08 AM »
Station Status message is gone.

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #982 on: October 13, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »

Noticed that last night.  Thought it was probably on purpose because of what I've been putting in it.   :grin:

Offline Jstx

• Senior Contributor
  • Baby the Rain Must Fall
« Reply #983 on: October 13, 2018, 01:06:17 PM »

I haven't been able to update mine for months, so... maybe if it comes back it'll work?

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #984 on: October 16, 2018, 09:32:37 PM »
Not sure if I should find this amusing considering all the issues with WU. I don’t know when this page went into effect, but in my industry it’s called “vaporware”.

https://www.wunderground.com/redesign/

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #985 on: October 18, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »
That page refers to our last major overhaul.  It was launched a few years ago. Thanks for surfacing that document and reminding all of us the amount of thought and work that goes into the WU design and release process.

Not sure if I should find this amusing considering all the issues with WU. I don’t know when this page went into effect, but in my industry it’s called “vaporware”.

https://www.wunderground.com/redesign/

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
« Reply #986 on: October 21, 2018, 11:05:08 PM »
Is the station status message gone forever?

Offline dsscheibe

• Scott's Weather Station Cactus Wren, Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #987 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:23 AM »
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api

To improve our services and enhance our relationship with our users, we will no longer provide free weather API keys as part of our program. If you have been directed to download our Weather Underground free API key by a third party provider, please contact your vendor for resolution.
Learn More

Took months to get my site back on WU after I got back up after I moved.  They kept saying I had not verfied my emil when I had several times.
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?name=KAZPHOEN615

Scott
Davis Pro2 Plus daytime aspirated, wired
Weather Display

Offline kilogulf59

• Cannot operate a weather rock...
    • THE INTEGRATED CLOSE COMBAT FORUM
« Reply #988 on: October 22, 2018, 01:45:32 PM »
My opinion here...

Consider just shutting WU down...it's ruined. Every day there's something wrong. Today I can't log on and only get the local forecast with much info on that page blank. Lately the favorite cities function has been AFU. Can't change or add and it's loaded with repeats of the same city. Functions work one day then don't the next. The list is endless...

A few years back it was the best weather service going, now it's been (intentionally?) ruined as far as I'm concerned.
Take Care and Stay Safe,

Ken aka kilogulf59

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #989 on: October 22, 2018, 03:08:48 PM »
My opinion here...

Consider just shutting WU down...it's ruined. Every day there's something wrong. Today I can't log on and only get the local forecast with much info on that page blank. Lately the favorite cities function has been AFU. Can't change or add and it's loaded with repeats of the same city. Functions work one day then don't the next. The list is endless...

A few years back it was the best weather service going, now it's been (intentionally?) ruined as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty hard to disagree. Here's my latest "improvement":
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #990 on: October 22, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »
WU is not my only source to upload or to see my data or weather information, so I can be patient and let them work on fixing and improving things.  I take them for their word that they are working on things for the better, and that it is a big task to do that.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline quailvalleywx

« Reply #991 on: October 22, 2018, 05:53:41 PM »
wunderground-PWS, the usual bad server of the 3 (54.148.11.142:21) serving webcam ftp requests went down again around 10-21-2018 07:32 CST.  Any way to get a more permanent fix?  If it's a disk full issue shouldn't that be straightforward to track down what is filling it?  How can the other 2 be so reliable but not this one?  TIA for holding this house of cards up.
WS-1400-IP, Galaxy S3 for cloud cam and Web Server
QV Website | Source Code | WU | WC | PWS | MesoWest/CWOP

Offline TxDm93

« Reply #992 on: October 22, 2018, 08:09:28 PM »
My opinion here...

I've been having the same problem but mine's been "offline" for 2 weeks...

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #993 on: October 22, 2018, 08:19:33 PM »
My opinion here...

There used to be a 'feature' whereby PWS owners would receive a text/email alerting them that their station is offline. It's just one of the bazillion issues in the works. IMHO, this is more about data quality than any of the bells and whistles.

I've been having the same problem but mine's been "offline" for 2 weeks...

Offline jj

« Reply #994 on: October 23, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
Hi Sean,  I am having trouble signing into wunderground with my aol email.
Has there been a recent change on how to login?
I get a message that my AOL email is invalid.
Joe
KMAHULL1

Offline leoschulz

• Riding the Natchez Trace Parkway
« Reply #995 on: October 24, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
Is everybody having trouble with WU or just a few of us?

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #996 on: October 24, 2018, 04:30:05 PM »
Is everybody having trouble with WU or just a few of us?

That's a pretty vague question. Can others see their PWS on WU right now? Yes. Are more than a few having various issues? Yes, that's why this thread is now 40 pages long. Please clarify what you are asking.

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline leoschulz

• Riding the Natchez Trace Parkway
« Reply #997 on: October 24, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »
On my WU site "KORNEWPO10", if you go to the top of the graphs and click on the "tables" window you will see that it doesn't upload on a consistent basis. The wind gusts and rain rate data is not posting.
 Also you can check when I upload to CWOP by looking at "http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=DW4355".  This is consistent intervals.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks  Leo, Newport, OR

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #998 on: October 24, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »
On my WU site "KORNEWPO10", if you go to the top of the graphs and click on the "tables" window you will see that it doesn't upload on a consistent basis. The wind gusts and rain rate data is not posting.
 Also you can check when I upload to CWOP by looking at "http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=DW4355".  This is consistent intervals.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks  Leo, Newport, OR

I wouldn't say your CWOP data is perfect. I looked at your raw data and your packets are not consistent. You have a VP2 without a UV sensor yet some packets have the "L" identifier with no data. Also your station is not reporting wind gusts, only reports wind.

I don't know the details around Weatherlink but you are seemingly using verison 1.10 according to WU. I think you should consider upgrading your upload method to both WU and CWOP to address these issues. I don't think there is a problem on the WU side of things for your situation. I think the problem is your upload method that does not support rapid fire and may have other issues.

I suggest investing in a Meteobridge or other computer running some other 3rd party software (Weather-Display, WeeWx, WUHU, Cumulus...or something of the others like those).

I also suspect that you are double reporting with more than one software or online service at the same time (to both WU and CWOP).  Meaning that there is more than one sender into WU and also more than one sender into CWOP. That is a no-no in my book. The clue is in your CWOP packets and how they aren't consistent and have different endings (the software identification) and also your location is slightly different between both packets. Some packets end in DsIP (the ones with UV) and others end in DsVP. You need to pick just one sender to send data into each online service.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:06:16 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline WeatherBuff2

• White River/Eureka Springs AR.
« Reply #999 on: October 28, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »
Is the Goldstar feature still being updated? My Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus has been up and running for a few weeks now at this location and nothing has happened yet. My station ID is KAREUREK16.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:19:29 PM by WeatherBuff2 »
Vantage Wireless Pro2 Plus Wireless                  
Meteobridge Pro                                         
Two 6510 Data Loggers
Two 6312 consoles
Rain Bucket Heater
1 extra Temperature Sensor for the White River
Virtual Weather Station Pro v.15 for display on second computer monitor.

MADIS ID. F3924
CWOP ID: FW3924
WU ID: KAREUREK16                                        Eureka Springs Arkansas
Jack Williamson

anything