Author Topic: Greetings from Balmy Iowa. I have a problem with my web cam  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
My pc died. I decided since I had an iphone, ipad air, ipod  I should only naturally go  with an iMac (desktop).  iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015); i5 intel processor and 8 of RAM (Soldered to the circuit board no less)  It runs with El Capitan, 10.11.4  I am using the built in firewall and for antivirus, Bit Defender (the paid version) 

When I had the PC,  the Foscam IP cameras worked fine. I could access them in the Weatherdisplay  webcapturecam.  I could access them in Blue Iris.  However.. neither program works exactly the same with the MAC.  So  I looked around and found Weathercat which is really a nice program.  I also found an app that works with the cameras on the computer, UNET Cams.     Weathercat is low in resources and it does have a webcam option.

Here comes the rub, I can use the Foscam Utiliity, I can use the UNET Cams, and the camera works fine. I can use the app on my iphone from anywhere, either home or away.  Nothing has changed on the modem/Router.  It is a Centurlyink Xyzel   which has the dyndns  setting so if the IP to the modem change, it changes automatically.

I can't get Weathercat to work with the Foscam IP cameras at all.  I have tried all 9 of my cameras with no difference.   I have tried turning off the firewall, anti-virus , rebooting and no change.    I have gone to the camera and made sure that the wifi setting was on the same setting as my computer.

the setting under webcam  is file from url and I am using http://192.168.0.9:8104/snapshot.cgi?user=Stationcam2&pwd=aardvark1&resolution=32
The camra is a Foscam FI 9826W

So  I asked on the Weathercat forum and got some theories, but I need to check it further on a larger group that has more experience with this.

I am going to get a D-link and see if it makes any change. A cheap one incase it doesn't

Ideas, Solutions?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:15:57 PM by Aardvark »

anything