Author Topic: Welcome to the AcuRite board!  (Read 8031 times)

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Welcome to the AcuRite board!
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »
Rhino has brought so much to the forum, we added a section for their weather stations.

Offline Cynjut

• Bellevue, NE local weather
Re: Welcome to the AcuRite board!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »
Very cool.  Nice things do happen to nice people once in a while.

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:56 PM »
Thanks to WxForum for providing a place for all of us to discuss our hobby and our passion. I'm so happy to see an AcuRite board up here! I look forward to many conversations, and I sure hope I can help with some projects.

We have a certain tagline at AcuRite- "Designed to Work For You". As a product designer, I am doing absolutely everything I can to make sure that it is more than just a tagline, and it starts with talking to all of you- the Users of these devices.

I will try and keep everyone up to date on our latest products on this board, and give a heads up when we are having giveaways and such.

Thanks for the welcome and the feedback! \:D/ =D>

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »
I can't wait to see some of the new 2012 items.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Gulfcoast

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
My Acu-Rite 01015 station is out there purring like a kitten with accurate readings, if it only connected to my computer. It won't be long now maybe...  :-)

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
Congratulations Rhino!  I've never seen this kind of tribute before.  We have our toes in the starting blocks ready to sprint out and buy that Acu-Link wx bridge.  You've acquired a large committee of advisors.
Thanks SLOweather for creating the board and helping organize our comments.
Al
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline NEOWx

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 05:41:47 PM »
Congrats, I have been running the Acu-Rite 01010 station for a few weeks picked it up at Walmart for 99 bucks and it is not a bad little unit.  I will wait for the unit that is able to connect to the computer before I try another Acu-Rite unit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:45:14 PM by NEOWx »
Mike
Hartville, OH.
Davis VP2/Acu-Rite 01010/PWS-1000TD
WXSIM/GRLevel3/Weather Display/Cumulus

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
Rhino, have you guys ever thought about a snow sensor? Know it probably isnt something for Wal-Mart,
but your company seems to know what it's doing. Would be a big seller I'm sure.  ;)
Tony

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 02:45:18 PM »
A snow sensor product idea has been tossed around the last few years, and there are a few projects we have in progress to determine if a snow measuring device can be accurate and reliable- not to mention low cost enough to have sales of such a device support the development of one.

I happen to agree with you that it would be a useful product., we are based out of wisconsin, and we get plenty of snow where this would be useful. Some of the folks on wxforums make our WI snow look like a dusting though- crazy totals!

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »
I happen to agree with you that it would be a useful product., we are based out of wisconsin, and we get plenty of snow where this would be useful. Some of the folks on wxforums make our WI snow look like a dusting though- crazy totals!

That'll be me for 1. Living in the path of the Lake Ontario lake effect bands, those 2-3' overnight dumps are a lot of fun.
Hope you guys take it into consideration somewhere down the road.

Thanks!
Tony

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »
there is a ultrasonic 1 wire sensors that has been developed
ps, it would be good if the weather display software could be incuded in the list of software to work with the upcoming internet bridge :)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 12:46:17 PM »
Thanks to the amazing folks at Acu-Rite.  http://acuriteweatherstation.com/meet-the-guys  I asked for some technical information and it was provided, much more than I expected. 
I'm building a PWS Dream Machine.  One version may use Acu-Rite sensors in a project like the 'Weather Station Receiver', chapter 13 of the 'Practical Arduino' book.
So, friends, we have some good people listening to us and providing the weather toys that we're wishing for.  Do your Christmas shopping at Acu-Rite!
Disclaimer:  I'm not affiliated in any way with Acu-Rite/Chaney; just a satisfied customer.
Al
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Thanks for the kind words! We really do live the values here and we are very passionate about making the customer happy. Good luck on your project, keep us updated.
 :grin:

Offline boomtown2011

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 01:36:41 PM »
I have a 1500 that the bearings are locked up on. Called  AcuRite back in October they said no problem will ship out one the middle of November. Called today now they say it will ship in January of next year. All i can say is better hope your unit does not go bad you may die of old age before you get a replacement. Guess i should have stuck with La crosse.
Brad 

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »
Yes, due to lot's of interest in these 5-in-1's, the sensors are on backorder right now is all. Some replacements were shipped out to some folks in november though. We appreciate your patience- they are coming as fast as they can be built! :shock:

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
Hi
do those plans include being able to have 3rd party software access the data?
Brian
info@weather-display.com

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 05:56:24 PM »
That is extremely rare to wait that long, I trust it will be handled after I talk to some folks around here. I can promise you 100% that all the folks here are not going through the motions, everyone truly cares about the product performing well and service levels being the best. We are a small company with a tremendous drive and commitment to getting it done right.

With regards to 3rd party software, yes- we have had several meetings the last few days discussing this very issue. I believe everything is in motion now (or very soon) to really get the 3rd party data access rolling with the USB PC Connect products.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 11:56:39 PM »
I have received an email re getting access to a unit for being able to add 3rd party software support
just wanted to thanks, looking forward to being able to provide support :)
Brian
info@weather-display.com

Offline Spartan300

• Weather Warrior
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »
The 01010 is a good little unit. Mine has been spot on since day one.
Weather Warrior