Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

Problem with my records in WL

(1/6) > >>

WxLover16:
So I just noticed that when I click to browse my records all I get is the date and time and everything else to the right is blank. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What do I do? Thanks!

CW2274:

--- Quote from: WxLover16 on September 07, 2017, 05:41:21 PM ---So I just noticed that when I click to browse my records all I get is the date and time and everything else to the right is blank. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What do I do? Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Can't recall this one. Might need a re-install of WL. How far does the lack of info go back? Now that I think about it, is your time/date correct on WL and your computer?

NorthNJwx:
Funny timing, as I just had this happen to me last week for the first time in over 11 years of WeatherLink use!  The issue appeared to be related to the weather computer (a netbook) freezing.  I unplugged the USB datalogger cable before doing a cold restart of the netbook, at which moment the netbook went to a blue screen.  After I got the netbook running again, I had the same issue you described with WL only showing the date/time of obs with no data.

The station this happened to is almost brand new, so I deleted the August .wlk file (the only .wlk file I had at the time) and then tried downloading the datalogger, as at the archive interval I use (30 minutes) the datalogger wasn't nearly full from the time I installed the station on 8/6.  Unfortunately, this didn't fix the issue. 

What *did* fix the issue was downloading the datalogger onto WL on a different computer.  I then transferred the .wlk file from the other computer to the netbook and the data appeared in WL on the netbook as normal.  I subsequently downloaded the datalogger to WL  on the netbook some hours later to confirm that the problem was indeed fixed, and it worked.

I still have no idea what actually caused the issue, but at least it can be fixed.

WxLover16:

--- Quote from: CW2274 on September 07, 2017, 05:57:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: WxLover16 on September 07, 2017, 05:41:21 PM ---So I just noticed that when I click to browse my records all I get is the date and time and everything else to the right is blank. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What do I do? Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Can't recall this one. Might need a re-install of WL. How far does the lack of info go back? Now that I think about it, is your time/date correct on WL and your computer?

--- End quote ---

If I re-install WL will all my records be saved? The lack of records goes all the way back to when I started, and then it says there is a problem with weatherlink. Yes, time/date is all correct.

floodcaster:
FYI...I did find this thread:

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=29902.0

Can't speak from experience on the issue though and of course should you ever be instructed to delete files, I'd make sure you saved off copies first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version