Author Topic: VWS and WeatherHawk connection mode TCP/IP  (Read 1840 times)

Offline VAAviator

VWS and WeatherHawk connection mode TCP/IP
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:51:12 PM »
I am new to Virtual Weather Station.  I have downloaded the VWS for WeatherHawk from the ambient site.

Software is installed on a Windows XP computer.

I installed VWS.  Version V15 P5

I now want to connect to my WeatherHawk station that has a TCP/IP connection.

When I select COMMUNICATION in VWS, The TCP/IP data area is greyed out and I can't enter the IP address of the weatherhawk. 

How do I connect VWS to the WeatherHawk using TCP/IP?

Offline VAAviator

Re: VWS and WeatherHawk connection mode TCP/IP
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 09:24:41 AM »
I thought I would get a response and help from those more knowledgeable on this forum.  Looks like support for VWS software is very poor.  The company that sells it does not support.  The author from the threads here is not working on it anymore.  Sad.

I found this one instruction document in the WeatherHawk folder after installation.  It does not make sense that entering the "Serial Number" will connect the device by TCP/IP.  How would it determine the IP address.

Does anyone have information on using TCP/IP with VWS?  Why is the setting box greyed out?

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 09:32:35 AM »
Do you have the Internet Edition?

Offline VAAviator

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 09:34:28 AM »
Yes, but in reading the literature,  that should not matter as that is just the functionality to publish content by FTP to internet sites.

Offline VAAviator

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 11:06:26 AM »
So I looked at the Davis TCP/IP setting and when you pick that, the TCP/IP blocks ungrey. 

So it seems that the program does not allow TCP/IP for any other station other than Davis.

Is there a way to access files on the web server of the Weatherhawk TCP/IP server and import in to VWS?

Does the Developer monitor this site?  Can he be contacted?  Anyone have contact data?  Does not appear Ambient does any support.

Offline marzio

• MeteoMaf
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 12:41:12 PM »
Hi
i own a weather hawk station (model 621 heated) connected to my lan via IP SERVER MODULE and i got the same problem as yours

i would like to be able to connect to the station via TCP/IP address  but the option is unselectable (gray colour)

so i suppose that means it's not possibile

at the moment i'm using weather display software which has that ability... (to connect the weather hawk station via ip address)

any help is appreciate...

Thanks

Marzio

Offline VAAviator

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 03:34:24 PM »
I have two weather stations.  A Davis and a Weatherhawk.  I would like to use the same software for both.  The Davis is connected to my computer with an RS-232 connector.  Would like to upgrade that to IP.  My Weatherhawk has the IP Server.

Virtual Weather Server does not allow you to connect Weatherhawk by IP.  The Davis is connected to VWS and works fine.  I am using Weatherhawk's software the weatherhawk and it works by IP.

Is there a software program that works with both devices.  I need to display weather information on the internet with graphs and JPG like Virtual Weather Server does.

It is too bad there is not support for the VWS software.  We seem to be in this alone.

anything