Author Topic: Weather Underground Issues and Bug Tracking - Check here before posting  (Read 18627 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
My personal feeling is WU isn't going to do anything about the site . Why you ask well because today I noticed my readings on another IBM owned site " The Weather Channel " and low and behold they are showing the decimal point in the temp . So while WU shows 91 the Weather Channels show 90.5 !!! And yes it's my info there using because when you zoom into the map it's right over my house . So they have it for one site The Weather Channel  but will not use it for the WU site .  Seems they want our readings but have no intentions of fixing the WU site were there taking the readings from . 

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
July 2019 Month graphs are broken. This is affecting nearby stations as well. It seems that several days are just completely missing from the graphs so you end up getting weird sections. This has not affected my previous months except for the first month after Wunderground starting changing dashboards.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
I'm not having that particular problem, but July 1-3 is missing entirely.  Make that three steps back.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
My personal feeling is WU isn't going to do anything about the site . Why you ask well because today I noticed my readings on another IBM owned site " The Weather Channel " and low and behold they are showing the decimal point in the temp . So while WU shows 91 the Weather Channels show 90.5 !!! And yes it's my info there using because when you zoom into the map it's right over my house . So they have it for one site The Weather Channel  but will not use it for the WU site .  Seems they want our readings but have no intentions of fixing the WU site were there taking the readings from .

Kinda lends some validity to the rumor that WU is going away and wchannel being it for us.   We had filet mignon and now we will have potted meat.
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
We had filet mignon and now we will have potted meat.

More like a crap sandwich.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
We had filet mignon and now we will have potted meat.

More like a crap sandwich.

I was trying to make a point :rapid fire stops us at bologna

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
No such luck with mine on WC. Same crappy rounded temps.

Offline bjp

• KVTEASTF5
Thanks for this post, I would not have thought to check there.  I can confirm my station also shows decimal temperature values on the TWC site and locates the reading directly over my house.
2005 Davis VP2+ with WifiLogger

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
My personal....... snippy snip...... taking the readings from .
Thanks for this post, I would not have thought to check there.  I can confirm my station also shows decimal temperature values on the TWC site and locates the reading directly over my house.

same here twc map shows  deci    right over my local abode   

Offline mdv

Here's another annoying issue - today is the 14th of July yet the graphs (and table data) for monthly summary data stop at 11th July.

It appears that weekly summary data updates on a daily basis, and that monthly summary data updates only on a weekly basis - that's not much use when I want to know how much precipitation has fallen to-date this month. Instead of just looking at the summary data in monthly mode, I have to look at multiple daily summary data and manually add the values.

Surely it's not that difficult to code an algorithm that updates monthly summary data on a daily basis.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:27:31 PM by mdv »

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
It is even worse than that.  Their "new and improved" code forces certain ranges regardless of what you ask for and then fails to populate it properly.  To wit:  This is what Monthly-July looks like here.  The daily data is all there; WU is just too incompetent to display it properly.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Sounds like a few of you are expressing possibly a new issue in regard to summary data.

Can someone write up a quick explanation that best describes this issue. I'll then publish it on on the Trello site and give you credit.

I'm tired...but drank too much coffee to say up (for a night green turtle walk on the beach to see egg laying)....now I want to sleep but can't. So I can't think clear now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:01:21 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline mdv

Hi Galfert,

I think my post captures the essence of the issue.

WSWeather's post, I think, merely reaffirms the lack of a decimal place in temperature values.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Okay thank you.... I updated the following Trello card:
https://trello.com/c/O2uaUfgC/53-lag-between-current-conditions-and-summary-table

I also changed the severity from Important (Orange) to Critical (Red) and moved it up some.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:55:27 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
It is even worse than that.  Their "new and improved" code forces certain ranges regardless of what you ask for and then fails to populate it properly.  To wit:  This is what Monthly-July looks like here.  The daily data is all there; WU is just too incompetent to display it properly.

Define "properly".  WU may have a different idea of that word.  One can see the obvious divide is attributed to exactly this...expectations were not defined and we're creating our own. Where expectations were loosely defined, on a forum board of all places, they were met about 75% of the time.  Of course,  this is merely my distilled take-away from this project.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Define "properly".  WU may have a different idea of that word.
"Properly" means "actually displayed".  If you look at the attachment I posted you'll notice July 1-3 and 7-10 data is missing entirely.

WSWeather's post, I think, merely reaffirms the lack of a decimal place in temperature values.

Uh, no.  Not only are the decimal points missing so is entire days' worth of data in the monthly view.

Offline mdv

Uh, no.  Not only are the decimal points missing so is entire days' worth of data in the monthly view.

Sorry, I missed that bit.

Yep, I too have that issue ... but with different days missing - see attachment. Not good! Means I can no longer trust the displayed monthly view data.

My initial observation still appears valid as it is now the 15th and the monthly summary is still stuck at 11th Jul. Have had 2 days of rain since then with no addition to the monthly total being displayed.

Perhaps WU think that users have no need to view monthly data until that month has ended? If so, then they need to think again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:24:26 PM by mdv »

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Hey guys and gals, I think I found a solution to all my issues.  I just upgraded my firmware on my Ambient system (under the guise I could improve their own dashboard). The upgrade went swimmingly, but OOPS, I “forgot” to re-enter my UnderTheWeatherGround system information. Silly old me. I guess I don’t need to worry about what foibles they are up to moving forward.  Whoo Hoo! I’m Free!

Long Live The Weather, whether or not it’s Underground or otherwise.  All the best!

WackeWX_Man
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:02:37 PM by rormeister »

Offline mdv

As of 8:00 am local time on16th July, monthly view summary data and graphs have updated to include daily data up to 15th July, although I don't know if this is because the end of the previous week has ticked over or whether WU has applied a tweak to fix the issue - need to monitor the monthly view for another week.

However, the monthly view does not display daily data values for days 2, 4, 5, 9, 10, 12 and 13 - so the integrity of monthly data cannot be trusted. This needs to be fixed. 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
mdv,
Do you have an update on the situation for getting monthly summary data in the middle of the week?
Tele-Pole

Offline mdv

mdv,
Do you have an update on the situation for getting monthly summary data in the middle of the week?

Hi Galfert,

Now 8:15am on the 18th, and my monthly view is displaying only up to 16th - ie no data for 17th in addition to the absent days reported in my previous post. Daily observations are there in the system (manually add up to about 32mm of rain this month, but monthly view is displaying a total of 21mm).

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
mdv,

Hi Galfert,

Now 8:15am on the 18th, and my monthly view is displaying only up to 16th - ie no data for 17th in addition to the absent days reported in my previous post. Daily observations are there in the system (manually add up to about 32mm of rain this month, but monthly view is displaying a total of 21mm).

Thank you for the update.
Oh well. I keep hoping to be able to check off some issues over to the done - fixed column. I guess not yet.
Tele-Pole

Offline mdv

Monthly view for my PWS is still broken - see attachment.

Just ticked past midnight local time to 20th Jul and monthly view graphs and table stop at 16th July.

Missing days are 2, 4, 5, 9, 10, 12, 13, 17, 18 and 19. Daily view displays "no data" for days 2, 4, 5, 9 and 10 even though PWS was online throughout. Missing days 12, 13, 17, 18 and 19 display correctly in daily view - so why do they not show in monthly view?

And now that the old site has been 'pulled', I have no way of getting trustworthy monthly data remotely.

Not happy.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:27:29 AM by mdv »

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
Not only is my monthly view broken, but I am missing entire daily sets of data as well (in the daily view).  For example, I have no data for July 4th to the 6th.  All my systems were running normally during this period and other websites have at the data (PWS, CWOP).  Complete garbage. Link below:

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KPAMEDIA25/table/2019-07-4/2019-07-4/daily

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
Yeah I'm missing 7 days of data for July....Also site doesn't even load on IE. Funny that the stickers display in tenths , forget it I give up. ](*,)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:26:20 PM by catdon »
Don
Staten Island, NY