Author Topic: Low battery on station 1?  (Read 433 times)

Offline Kamakzie

Low battery on station 1?
« on: August 01, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »
Hey everyone the other day my vantage vue display console died. I bought a vantage Pro 2 off of eBay for a decent price open box. Anyways I got it today and it's working great but I get a low battery on station 1 message on the bottom of the screen. I don't recall getting that message the other day with the vue console before it died. Now it's very possible I do need to change the battery in my ISS because it was last changed in October of last year before I had the weather station oriented in the correct way. Stupid me I had the solar panel facing the north for all these years before realizing it should've been facing the South. Duh! I just wanted to make sure the low battery message wasn't erroneous.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 08:07:46 PM by Kamakzie »

Offline Kamakzie

Re: Low battery on station 1?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 12:11:50 AM »
Weird once the time went to midnight on the weather station console the message disappeared.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 02:26:28 AM »
That's the only time of day any battery alert is checked, at midnight, all normal.

Offline Kamakzie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 03:18:45 AM »
Must be the first time I turned on the console it got a false reading?

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 11:03:49 AM »
Replace the battery. They tend to wear out and it depends on the type of battery.  I use Surefire but any fresh CR123 works. 
Put in a fresh battery and then see how long it takes to wear down.  I am attaching my battery replacement record of all my stations I have running on my VP2 for comparison.
OR you can get into a long discussion with people  telling you to do all sorts of things, but ultimately , just replace the battery.  Things like cloudy days, temperature ranges, and how well the battery was made do affect the life of the battery.

I figure six months in our neck of the woods appears to be about normal.
I buy those batteries in bulk from   https://www.batteryjunction.com/    They are a good source  and do not require you to spin straw into gold or sell your first born for a battery.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:07:34 AM by Aardvark »