Author Topic: No wind after clock change  (Read 443 times)

Offline chillrite

No wind after clock change
« on: July 25, 2019, 07:40:31 AM »
HI all!
Today I adjusted the clock time on my Vantage Pro + base station and now  I am not getting any wind direction or wind speed data! Any ideas??
Thanks in advance

Offline chillrite

Re: No wind after clock change
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 08:13:57 AM »
Unfortunately its been like this for 3 hours  :-(. Also, I replaced the battery ~10 days ago...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:26:31 AM by chillrite »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »
No idea how it could happen, but I'd check to see the the console hasn't "turned off" the wind receiver channel.

Offline chillrite

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
Thanks for that. It is definitely the base station... I have a Vantage Vue console that I kept when I bought the Vantage Pro and that was picking up the wind when the Pro wasn't!! I decided to press a few buttons randomly on the Vantage Pro and 'lo and behold' the wind data returned. Now, however, the Vantage Pro will not transfer data through the data logger to the software on the pc!!!!  :shock: ... and, guess what....  the Vantage Vue console does!!!! Now I'm using the Vantage Vue in the place of the Vantage Pro +... weird....

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 05:48:11 PM »
Thanks for that. It is definitely the base station... I have a Vantage Vue console that I kept when I bought the Vantage Pro and that was picking up the wind when the Pro wasn't!! I decided to press a few buttons randomly on the Vantage Pro and 'lo and behold' the wind data returned. Now, however, the Vantage Pro will not transfer data through the data logger to the software on the pc!!!!  :shock: ... and, guess what....  the Vantage Vue console does!!!! Now I'm using the Vantage Vue in the place of the Vantage Pro +... weird....

How did you determine that the VP console would not work with the logger?  Did you try completely powering down the console (battery and AC), removing the logger, waiting a few seconds, putting the logger back in, and then restoring power? 

Offline chillrite

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 03:22:25 AM »
Thats exactly what I did as the Vantage Pro+ is my console of choice.