Author Topic: readout data from IP-100  (Read 3226 times)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
readout data from IP-100
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:12:13 AM »
A IP-100 user interested in using Meteobridge asked me for support for this kind of logger.
As I don't have that equipment, I hope you can give me some ideas how to grab data
from the IP-100. Does it have a web interface where to grab data from? Any idea
is helpful. Thanks.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline WVZR-1

Re: readout data from IP-100
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
I can't help you but I'm interested. I just bought a Vantage Pro 2 and have the MeteoHub that was marketed by Ambient as WeatherHub4, I put it on line last evening and I believe I'll like it. It took me a while to stumble through it but I did get there. Being new to the Vantage Pro 2 console etc. slowed me down I believe.

I have an IP-100 coming for my RainWise Mark III the I believe should have shipped today. I put the RainWise in the yard for testing this evening and when the battery and the IP 100 arrive I'll put it on line. I know that the MeteoHub that I have supports the IP-100. How? I'm unsure but I'll be finding out. I am certainly new and know "nothing to very little" regarding this stuff.

My MeteoHub is actually a SilverStone SST-DC01S/DC01B.

Does your user/acquaintance already have the IP-100 and the MeteoBridge or not? Does he maybe have the model # of what he was actually supplied? Only curious.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:27:18 PM by WVZR-1 »

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:01:43 AM »
The IP-100 does have a web interface, I would think you could do a wget or something similar and  grab the data and then format it, have your user open his firewall to it and you should then be able test on it.

Kevin

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:09:48 PM »
Thanks for your replies! Hard to believe that no IP-100 owner in this tech forum has tried
to have his PC also reading from the unit and not just having it to report data to a few
predefined servers in the web... May be I am lucky and someone having tried this successfully
will reply.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 07:07:22 PM »
Thanks for your replies! Hard to believe that no IP-100 owner in this tech forum has tried
to have his PC also reading from the unit and not just having it to report data to a few
predefined servers in the web... May be I am lucky and someone having tried this successfully
will reply.

I can appreciate your 'tech' attempt to extract data from the ip-100.  However, for me I'm fairly satisfied with the way the ip-100 was designed.  Having been involved with data feeds to personal websites for over 15 years, the ip-100 was a welcomed relief.  i wish you luck.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »
I just wish the IP-100 would work with CWOP.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:15:36 AM »
I can appreciate your 'tech' attempt to extract data from the ip-100.  However, for me I'm fairly satisfied with the way the ip-100 was designed.  Having been involved with data feeds to personal websites for over 15 years, the ip-100 was a welcomed relief.  i wish you luck.
When you have a look at Meteobridge features "www.meteobridge.com" your satisfaction with what the IP-100 has to offer might get a dip ;-)
I am simply looking for a way to make use of IP-100 connected Rainwise stations to a Meteobridge, which up to now supports the old serial MKIII logger and the cc3000 USB one.

Offline BertSP

• Williamson, AZ Wx
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 12:56:32 PM »
I would be interested to look into a Rainwise unit if Meteobridge could talk to the IP-100.
BertSP
KAZPRESC99, EW/E7016
Ambient WS-1200-IP
Weatherhawk 916 IP
www.s-p.me

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »
wayne.burnett@rainwise.com

Wayne Burnett  (aka Mr. IP-100)

Offline weatherjim

• Town of Providence, NY
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 07:09:52 PM »
Ggsteve, you can send data to CWOP from your IP-100 via the web server provided by Rainwise network. It's under settings, 3rd party services. I use this to send data to Weather Underground.
Jim
Upstate NY near the Great Sacandaga Lake and
Foothills of the Adirondack Mts.
Rainwise MK III LR
IP-100 data logger
CC-3000 data logger
WeatherSnoop Software
WeatherUnderground KNYGALWA12
CWOP EW5524

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 07:13:23 PM »
Ggsteve, you can send data to CWOP from your IP-100 via the web server provided by Rainwise network. It's under settings, 3rd party services. I use this to send data to Weather Underground.

Yup, Rainwise added this functionality right about the time of my original post.  I've been reporting to CWOP ever since.

Offline weatherjim

• Town of Providence, NY
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
PS. You also can read data directly from the IP-100 using you web browser. You just need to know the IP address assigned to the IP-100. It will return data as a web page to your browser, also you can get raw data using the IP address/status.xml.
Jim
Jim
Upstate NY near the Great Sacandaga Lake and
Foothills of the Adirondack Mts.
Rainwise MK III LR
IP-100 data logger
CC-3000 data logger
WeatherSnoop Software
WeatherUnderground KNYGALWA12
CWOP EW5524

anything