Author Topic: Davis 'Live' Console script  (Read 53611 times)

Offline meteo-saint-brevin

• Senior Contributor
    • Météo Saint-Brevin
Re: Davis 'Live' Console script
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2013, 02:20:30 AM »
Thank you for your answer and sorry for having asked my question on this forum.
In fact, I did not find your topic on Cumulus forum. But I got it now.
Well, tomorrow, I will uninstall everything, download the last release, install it without any modification
and let you know on Cumulus forum how it works here.
Thank you again for your help and best regards,
Marcel
Marcel Le Jeune F6DOW - Saint-Brevin-les-Pins - Pays de la Loire - France
www.meteo-saint-brevin.fr
Vantage Pro2 6163EU - VirtualVP, Cumulus, WeatherLink
Wifi cam Reolink RLC-410W - Blue Iris - Blue Iris tools

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 03:17:20 AM »
Very good, but I hope a future edition will have HI/LOW correspond to the console rather than a different page.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
    • K3JAE's Weather Station
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »
Have it working fine, with a few cosmetic changes to match my site theme.

Can review it here: http://www.k3jae.com/davconvp2CW.php

Thanks for the easy to install updated script. This appears to be more functional and have had no issues, to date, with it. Once daylight happens I will double check to make sure ET/UV/Solar etc. are properly being dumped into console.

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

Offline Gert Woerden

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2014, 07:15:09 AM »
Hi to you all
Today I have made a animation screen from the Vue
Now the antenna is bilking ( every 3sec ) into the screen
For made this work you most edit the php files
change all the lines with the vue_console_lit.png and vue_console.png
to vue_console_lit.gif  and vue_console.gif
screen in action http://www.weerstation-woerden.nl/davconvueCW.php

screen download
1 = http://www.weerstation-woerden.nl/download/vue_console_lit.gif
2= http://www.weerstation-woerden.nl/download/vue_console.gif

Greetings  Gert

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »
The script is working fine on my site also, everything is displaying as it should:

http://www.beamsvillewx.ca/davconvp2CW.php

There is, however, an extraneous "-->" appearing on the top left of the console, would anybody know where in the script this is coming from so I may remove it?
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
There is, however, an extraneous "-->" appearing on the top left of the console, would anybody know where in the script this is coming from so I may remove it?
Hi,

Looks like a closing HTML comment with probably no opening one to keep it company. Try a search for it.

HTH...
John
W7JKG

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »
Hi Anne-Marie,
From a View source it appears to be line 571, but I don't know where in your script file that would be.

Paul

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
Appears to be around 253 in the 2CW-inc.php script. As mentioned, you're probably missing the opening <!-- a few lines above that (in my copy, anyway).
John
W7JKG

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
Thanks for all your help, guys, I solved the problem  :-)
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
    • Silver Acorn Weather - N.Z.
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2014, 08:28:36 PM »
January 13 2014
Package updated to ver 2.4.0!

See first post for details

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2014, 04:01:19 AM »
January 13 2014
Package updated to ver 2.4.0!

See first post for details

This is my updated version.  Thanks a lot!  http://stillwaterweather.com/wx/davconvp2CW.php

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Gert Woerden

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »
thanks for this  update
the scripts works ok on the website
thanks for made the antenna bilking into the Vue 
and also the X into the VP2 
greetings   Gert

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:10 PM »
Hi Folks,

It seems the station number was left at 6 (the one I use) and some of the sites seem to have this set at 6 also - suspect the setting;
$stnnumbers at line 161
may have been missed?

Have changed it on the downloads page for new downloads.

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »
Well after installing the latest update, my graph and moon images don't correspond to the console, and seem to be fixed, they are not updating as they should, same problem I had the last time.  I've also noticed that there is no snow symbol showing either when it's clearly showing on the console.

Any ideas ? if I dare ask knowing the work you put into the fix last time.

Nick.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
Well It looks like you have it working now? - is that correct or do you still have an issue I don't see at http://dw7240.com/Base-Canada/davconvp2CW.php ?

If so a couple of Q's;
1. did you install a _Full or an _Upd?
2. In either case did you at least replace ALL the files that are in the update package? - if not, please try that.

The graphs and the icons are two separate issues.

Graph data comes directly from clientrawextra so look there to ensure that that part of the process is working.
Icons are decoded from the original Davis English Forecast strings as delivered by WD/Saratoga in the variable $vpforecasttext - what is in that variable on your system?

If you check the ver 2.4.0 Howto you will find some info on widening your page a little so the image does not overhang.

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
Hi,

Problem solved...........this time of my own making  :oops:  I was having the devcon24T file sent to the Base-canada folder, should have been the Base-Canada folder, wow who would of thought a capital letter would make so much difference ?  I just thought, I'll just check that the file is sent correctly, as low and behold is wasn't.  Now everything is fine.....sorry to have wasted your time, but as ever thank you very much !!!!  =D&gt; :grin:

Nick. DW7240.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2014, 03:17:07 AM »
Thanks for the feedback - Its always good to know when a query gets resolved and how that resolution was achieved - helps everyone.

It's also nice to know the fix was straight forward :-)

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2014, 12:52:15 PM »
Hi,

Hmm just when I think everything is ok with the console script..........not so.

My answer...uninstall / reinstall everything.......answer.......everything works, graphs as they should be etc, but........I have noticed two things....namely the forecast icons......I have no snow icon or Clear conditions icon (the one that looks like a big sun / star, this displays on the console where the snow icon displays, in between moon and cloud conditions)

Also when the console displays cloudy/sun conditions icon and next to it the snow icon, the scripts displays the raining cloud conditions icon only, so in theory what's on the console, the script doesn't live upto.

Version installed: latest full version 'davconsoleCW240_full'

Any thoughts ? PLEASE.

Nick. DW7240.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:54:23 PM by DW7240 »

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »
Will PM you - need to know some details and get some files from you to see what is happening.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2014, 01:00:56 PM »
Is there any similar scripts available for VWS users?
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2014, 03:09:16 PM »
Not at this time (this is the third request for a different system I have received so far)
Conceptually adding other systems is straightforward as there are three sets of data required
"realtime",
a handful of Saratoga variables,
Data for the graphs.

However, as I don't have access to weather software other than Cumulus as my primary, and a test version of WD, implementing and testing is not practical without some help. I received much help and assistance with testing from other forum members to get the package to its present state. 
I have prepared list of the variables required (these can be worked out by studying the scripts anyway).
I am happy to work with anyone who can supply the data files and provide assistance with debugging and testing.
However, as you may appreciate there is work involved so no guarantees on timetable or final result!
So if you wish to get involved and can provide the data and assistance then please PM me.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2014, 12:45:44 AM »
Not at this time (this is the third request for a different system I have received so far)
Conceptually adding other systems is straightforward as there are three sets of data required
"realtime",
Data for the graphs.

However, as I don't have access to weather software other than Cumulus as my primary, and a test version of WD, implementing and testing is not practical without some help. I received much help and assistance with testing from other forum members to get the package to its present state. 
I have prepared list of the variables required (these can be worked out by studying the scripts anyway).
I am happy to work with anyone who can supply the data files and provide assistance with debugging and testing.
However, as you may appreciate there is work involved so no guarantees on timetable or final result!
So if you wish to get involved and can provide the data and assistance then please PM me.

Thanks for the clear explanation. I would love to jump in and try this but at the moment I am swamped with non-weather related activities and commitments.

If I may make a suggestion that might apply not only to this script but many others too. Create some kind of script that automatically creates a common table of the various parameters that can be used by the myriad of scripts that have been and will be developed in the future. Basically, one creates a table that describes what their particular weather-station configuration is. It could include fields for CU, VWS, WD, and other weather programs and stations in existence. Once the configuration is known, a master table would be created that consists of all available data elements. Then, scripts, such as yours and others, could merely grab the necessary data fields and use them as they wish for that application. Ken (Saratogawx) has done something similar to this with some of his scripts. But, I'm thinking of something that is universal that future developers could tap into. I suppose this suggestion should go in a separate post of its' own so as not to detract from the Davis Live Console topic being discussed here.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2014, 07:14:57 PM »
"realtime",
Data for the graphs.

Thanks for the clear explanation. I would love to jump in and try this but at the moment I am swamped with non-weather related activities and commitments.

If I may make a suggestion that might apply not only to this script but many others too. Create some kind of script that automatically creates a common table of the various parameters that can be used by the myriad of scripts that have been and will be developed in the future. Basically, one creates a table that describes what their particular weather-station configuration is. It could include fields for CU, VWS, WD, and other weather programs and stations in existence. Once the configuration is known, a master table would be created that consists of all available data elements. Then, scripts, such as yours and others, could merely grab the necessary data fields and use them as they wish for that application. Ken (Saratogawx) has done something similar to this with some of his scripts. But, I'm thinking of something that is universal that future developers could tap into. I suppose this suggestion should go in a separate post of its' own so as not to detract from the Davis Live Console topic being discussed here.

Great idea Don, sounds like a lot of hard work compiling it, but once done it's there for the asking.

=D&gt;

Nick. DW7240.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2014, 11:50:38 PM »
Well, yes it does sound like a great idea - it's just not easy to do.

Ken has the xx-defs to convert all manner of data into a standard.
The console script can only take advantage of a handful of items from this process.
The 'realtime' is different in various ways for each software system and they do not have all the same data or in the same order.

The graph data for the WD console script comes from clientrawextra but for Cumulus, a file from webtags with almost 160 variables was created to get the corresponding data from Cumulus.

So the nirvana we would seek to enable all scripts what ever they may be in the future would effectively require a massive conversion file of every tag and every data file from every software package, or, an agreed standard that all the software packages followed - don't see either happening anytime soon! Then you would be loading every variable to the website every interval and you might only require a few of them.

The reality is that setting up the necessary file(s) for a particular script is relatively simple once you know what a given software package calls its variables and what their units are. Since I only have 2 software packages that is all I have designed for - I just need someone to supply the data required (as per the file I created listing them) from an alternate software system to enable that to be included.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:55:20 PM by BCJKiwi »

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2014, 09:04:42 PM »
I finally got around to putting this great script in: http://www.lascruces-weather.com/davconvp2CW.php

I use a 2nd temp sensor in the pool so I adjusted the script(s) to show that like I have on the actual console. I also don't have a VP2 Plus but I run a Solar sensor so I needed to make some changes for that as well; dropping the UV display. What I ended up with is (in the box area) TEMP IN and POOL TEMP at nite . When the sun comes up, it'll show as POOL TEMP and SOLAR/HUM IN (rotating).

I still have to set up the button links and actually link to it but it's good to have the console readily available on-line like this!

Kudos and thanks to BCJKiwi, Axelvold and all involved with putting this together.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com