Author Topic: In Praise of Ecowitt service  (Read 376 times)

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
In Praise of Ecowitt service
« on: December 04, 2022, 06:00:57 PM »
It all started when my solar sensor began playing up.  The WS68 roof-part of my weather station is 15 months old so it's out of warranty I presume.  I emailed Ecowitt because I was a bit disappointed but to be honest it was more in hope than expectation.  Anyway, after a few email exchanges and providing requested photos and descriptions they said they would replace the WS68.  I must admit I was impressed! 

The Chinese couriers got the new WS68 to the UK within a few days but once it was handed over to the the UK couriers (Evri!) they managed to loose it. This was the second experience of this from Evri within a week since my wife had had the same thing.  It is quite hard to discuss anything with Evri (previously Hermes) because you can only talk to a Mobius chat bot which I guarantee will raise your blood pressure however sanguine you think you are!

Fast forward a few weeks and Ecowitt sent another WS68 which this time Evri did manage to deliver.  Kudos to Ecowitt for good communication and going the extra mile through the whole process.  =D> 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 06:47:52 PM by Transporterman »

Offline box

• Forecaster
Re: In Praise of Ecowitt service
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 05:44:44 AM »
Yes, well done to Ecowitt =D>

Often good service  is not celebrated

We are just down the road from you and  have had variable experiences with Hermes/Evri

I think our local delivery people are fine, its further up the chain it goes wrong

Glad its all working again

Offline GeeEmm

Re: In Praise of Ecowitt service
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 05:50:26 PM »
I have to say that Ecowitt have been quite responsive to my WH40 problems, first sending a replacement, and now that it too has failed setting me a series of tasks to progressively diagnose the failures.  This is comforting as I'd like to get to the bottom of the problem before (hopefully) they send yet another!